Symptom Spotlight: Hashimoto's thyroiditis with Donna Mazzola
One in 20 people in the UK is thought to have health problems relating to their thyroid. The vast range of conditions affect the way that the thyroid produces the hormones that regulate things like growth, metabolism and body temperature.
Despite the number of prescriptions for thyroid hormones increasing, medical professionals are still unaware of the causes and consequences of the conditions that fall under the umbrella term thyroiditis. That’s why we got in touch with patient advocate Donna Mazzola, aka Dr Autoimmune Girl, who lives with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
In the first edition of Symptom Spotlight, talkhealth’s new monthly feature, Donna shares her journey with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and how the diagnosis pushed her to be her healthiest self.
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals