Find out how to stand up from a chair safely and easily with MS physiotherapist Dr Gretchen Hawley
Whether it’s a lack of balance and stability or increased fatigue, multiple sclerosis affects everyone differently. This means that people with a diagnosis can find everyday tasks like walking, climbing the stairs and standing more difficult.
One thing that everyone with an MS diagnosis should do is separate their fitness from their function. After all, you might be great at lifting weights but that won’t help you conquer those more simple tasks.
In this video, Dr Gretchen Hawley, a physical therapy expert who specialises in the management of MS patients and founder of the MSing Link, talks through the steps for standing up from a chair safely and easily.
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals