0-10 in 2 minutes

If you have questions about curinary incontinence (urge and stress) please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
jobigeroberts

by jobigeroberts on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

0-10 in 2 minutes

Hi, I can't see this problem on here hope I haven't missed it but, I have no urge to wee then suddenly I do and its, desperate like 0-10 in 2 minutes leaving me litle or no time to find a loo. Also, I sometimes leak if I don't get there imediately and wake up most days and barely make it.

I'm just turned 50, I have had 4 kids, the youngest is 6, with 2 failed pregnancies. I'm a bit overweight too.

My bladder control before my last child was very good. Help!

Mr Sachin Malde

by Mr Sachin Malde on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: 0-10 in 2 minutes

Hi jobigeroberts

How long have you had these symptoms for? If it's a new problem then you should have a urine sample checked to make sure there are no signs of any other problems that could be causing your symptoms.

Are there any triggers that you can think of (for example cold weather, running water)? Common triggers for the sudden urge you describe are caffeine and fizzy drinks - do you have a lot of these during the day? If you do, you may find that cutting them out of your diet for a while may improve things.

Keeping a chart of how many times a day you pass urine, including the volumes you pass each time, may be useful. Depending on this, you may find that going to the toilet more regularly may prevent you getting the sudden urge when your bladder is very full.

Hope this helps!
Mr Sachin Malde
Consultant Urological Surgeon - BSc(Hons) MBBS MSc(Urol), FRCS(Urol)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _malde.php

2 posts