Painkillers and problem s

If you have questions about curinary incontinence (urge and stress) please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Emmiloulou

by Emmiloulou on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Painkillers and problem s

I am on numerous medication due to my condition and when I need to go loo I have to go there and then. Sometimes I manage to do something and some times nothing but I suffer constipation really bad now. What could cause the burning and lack of wee? I drink plenty of liquids and don't like wasting doctors time.

Mr Sachin Malde

by Mr Sachin Malde on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: Painkillers and problem s

Thanks for your question. There are a number of things that could be causing your symptoms of burning and lack of wee. It is important to make sure you stay well-hydrated and drink around 2L of fluid per day, as well as having a healthy balanced diet with high fibre to try to improve your bowel function. If you are still having these symptoms despite this, then you should see your doctor to check for signs of urine infection.

Hope this helps!
Mr Sachin Malde
Consultant Urological Surgeon - BSc(Hons) MBBS MSc(Urol), FRCS(Urol)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _malde.php

Julie Jenks

by Julie Jenks on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:24 am

Re: Painkillers and problem s

Hi Emmiloulou
I think you should run your symptoms past your GP. You certainly won't be wasting anyone's time. I am assuming the medication you are taking for your other health conditions is contributing to your constipation? It may also be affecting your bladders ability to empty, or even reducing your bladder sphincters ability to relax to let your bladder empty urine out completely. Either way your GP can exclude common problems like infection and maybe, if your urine is clear from infection s/he can look for alternatives in your medication to hopefully help relieve the effects on your bladder & bowel. Start with this Emmiloulou.
Good luck!
Julie Jenks
Advanced Nurse Practitioner

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _jenks.php

3 posts