worsening Urge

If you have questions about curinary incontinence (urge and stress) please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Kelvin45

by Kelvin45 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:49 pm

worsening Urge

since having a spinal epidural for pain relief my urge incontinence has got worse, i am passing far more urine than usual and the time from getting the urge to passing water has decreased leading to more accidents. Whilst my consultant was giving me the epidural she mentioned that there seemed to be a deformity at L5 and L6, could this be the cause and should i get this followed up?

Mr Sachin Malde

by Mr Sachin Malde on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: worsening Urge

This is a good question - overactive bladder symptoms can be caused by spinal problems, and it may be that your underlying spinal issues are causing your symptoms rather than the epidural itself. You should check this with your consultant. The important thing for your bladder control is to reduce caffeine/fizzy drinks in your diet and have a urine sample checked to ensure you don't have an infection of traces of blood. Otherwise, there are a number of options to help with your bladder control and your GP can discuss these with you.

Hope this helps!
Mr Sachin Malde
Consultant Urological Surgeon - BSc(Hons) MBBS MSc(Urol), FRCS(Urol)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _malde.php

2 posts