OTC Zyrtec

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
Browns19872

by Browns19872 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:03 pm

OTC Zyrtec

I was just wondering if anyone else takes Zyrtec daily year around. Because I’ve been taking it daily for over a year now and I just stumbled on a article that said long term use can make you more prone to brain cancer. It scares me deeply knowing that I’ve been taking this medication and not know this information. Does anyone have any advice or information that may make me feel less scared. I’m going to stop taking immediately because of this information but I’m scared it might be to late.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: OTC Zyrtec

If you are worried at all about this we would suggest you speak to any reputable pharmacy who will be able to explain to you about the product and what alternatives are available if you feel that you need to change.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:47 pm

Browns19872 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:03 pm
I was just wondering if anyone else takes Zyrtec daily year around. Because I’ve been taking it daily for over a year now and I just stumbled on a article that said long term use can make you more prone to brain cancer. It scares me deeply knowing that I’ve been taking this medication and not know this information. Does anyone have any advice or information that may make me feel less scared. I’m going to stop taking immediately because of this information but I’m scared it might be to late.
I suppose smoking can also do this and make the smoker more prone to forms of cancer. I suppose you could take less dosages and speak to your doctor about healthier options or instructions on what you could do to make things better for you. All the best.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Were you told by your doctor to drink Zyrtec every day? If not, then I think you should consult your doctor about this

scilover

by scilover on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:32 am

Unlike first-generation antihistamines, cetirizine is less likely to cause side effects such as dangerous drowsiness, dry mouth, blurred vision, and overheating. That said, Cetirizine can cause adverse effects, such as: some drowsiness. excessive tiredness.

pacman23

by pacman23 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Consult your doctor. That's the best thing you can do.

HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:03 pm

the best thing to do is to consult a doctor, Zyrtec might be safe to use long term but better be safe than sorry

7 posts