House dust mite allergy

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
yella 333

by yella 333 on Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:12 am

House dust mite allergy

Hi 👋
I've just recently joined the forum. I'm here to gain any tips and advice for my 5 year old. He has house dust mite allergy and grass pollen allergy. The dust mite allergy is his biggest allergy, and he really struggles with it.

I'm at a point now where I've followed all of the rules to make our home livable for him. We have taken out all the carpets, we don't have any soft furnishings, his room is almost bare :(
I regularly damp wipe surfaces and floors in the house. I'm doing everything that I've been advised to do.
He's currently taking cetirizine hydrochloride twice a day, and he's recently been given a nasal spray.
I haven't used the nasal spray yet as I'm quite against both of the medicines as the side effects are horrific (especially for the nasal spray)....I feel that the cetirizine isn't working as it should. It does stop him coughing but he is completely congested in the nose, and it's supposed to help this too. He's started to get regular stomach aches and diarrhea.
It's really hard as I don't want him being a guinea pig for however many new meds they will give him.
He hasn't had a good night's sleep in a while as he struggles to breath through his nose.
Is there anything else I can ask my GP for? Just after some advice really! Thankyou

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:43 am

Re: House dust mite allergy

Some common dust mite allergy symptoms include sneezing, runny nose, irritated eyes, scratchy throat, coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. These same symptoms can be caused by a variety of other allergens as well, so consult your allergist for testing

2 posts