British Skin Foundation

Allergic Reaction

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Bibs2020

by Bibs2020 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Allergic Reaction

Hi. I've been suffering from whole body itching since September. Itching to the point of bruising (arms and back are the worse affected areas). Dr says it's a severe allergic reaction to something but we've now exhausted all household things. I'm a teacher and was wondering if it could be the different cleaning products being used in school due to covid. It ties in with when it started, and I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem. Thank you.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Re: Allergic Reaction

I'd say when two and two equals four, two and two equals four. You've definitely been exposed to a chemical. I don't know if the reaction is because you've breathed it in or if it has rubbed - even slightly - against your skin. You're obviously very much allergic to something. I would place my bets on a very strong chemical. I fear you're going to have to take a week or two off work and see how your skin is then. Because if you're repeatedly being exposed to chemicals, you'll never heal your skin. Book time off and see how your skin is then. Because if your workplace is causing you physical harm then that harming agent has to be removed from your workplace. You have legal right to protection from damaging chemicals and the suchlike in your place of work.

I do hope this has helped. But you MUST take time off work and see if your skin heals. Then you've got a case to remove the object of harm from where you are working.

2 posts