British Skin Foundation

Hyperpigmentation on Face

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
ARosser71

by ARosser71 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Hyperpigmentation on Face

Hi, I have had hyperpigmentation around my eyes and on my brow since my early twenties. My father also had hyperpigmentation around his eyes. Over the last few years, I have developed pigmentation scars around my mouth; the current one is quite deep and large following an episode of eczema in 2017. I have tried microdermabrasion with no long term success. I am currently having treatment from the Hyperpigmentation Clinic in London but I am still not convinced that it will fade after 3 treatments as quoted to me. The more pigmentation I get, the more I wish there was something out there that would add pigmentation to match the rest of my face, rather than take it away. I have no intention of using the frightening Melanton injections and it is a shame that it hasn't been tested, approved, etc because that would be ideal! Are there other safe options out that I could use to colour my face?

Lisa BSF

by Lisa BSF on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: Hyperpigmentation on Face

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

It's best that you discuss options with a dermatologist who will be able to advise the best course of action for your skin type.

Best of luck,
Lisa

2 posts