Skin Cancer and the Sun

Got something to share about the results from our recent sun awareness survey? This is where to get involved in the discussions. Read all about the survey results here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/fr ... reness.php

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

3 posts
JustJayne01

by JustJayne01 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:28 am

Skin Cancer and the Sun

I was surprised at how ignorant people were when it comes to skin cancer and the attitude to having to have a tan all year round, as well as assuming that everyone goes on holiday!
I'm a pale and freckled skinned, auburn haired woman. I have lots of sun damage thanks to sunbathing all day long as a teen and up to my late 30s. Now, at 56, I don't care whether I have a tan or not, what is the point in looking like an Oompa-Lumpa all year around? It looks ridiculous. I don't even wear tinted moisturiser or fake tan. I use high factor sun lotion all summer long, even on dull days... newsflash! The sun is still there even if it's dull!
Now that I know skin cancer has a symptom of rough, itchy, scaly patches, I'm making an appointment with my GP, I have several on my legs and one or two on my arms, better safe than sorry!

Olivia Rendall

by Olivia Rendall on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Skin Cancer and the Sun

Absolutely - if you ever suspect you may have symptoms and you'd like an expert opinion, its a good idea to speak to your doctor.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the results!

auroua berry

by auroua berry on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:26 am

Re: Skin Cancer and the Sun

I have itchy spots that fill with pus on my chest. I have seen a dermatologist and was told sun skin damage and no treatment as such a big area to treat. Is there anything I can do? Had this problem many years and never goes away.i use betnovate as it is the only thing that is relieving. I darnt put any moisturiser on the area as I feel my skin can't breathe and makes it erupt more

3 posts