Top tips for fun in the sun

Got something to share about the results from our recent sun awareness survey? This is where to get involved in the discussions. Read all about the survey results here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/fr ... reness.php

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

10 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Top tips for fun in the sun

When in the sun - what are your top tips for staying protected?
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Alisonmorgan

by Alisonmorgan on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Top tips for fun in the sun

For my family I always invest in good quality sun creams, and it absolutely has to be factor 50 throughout the whole holiday. Hats are a must and I've built up quite a collection over the years!

crazycup

by crazycup on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:18 pm

When you are out in the sun/on holiday. Set a reminder on your phone to put sun cream on! Time can get way from you, especially when you are on holiday. This way it ensures you dont forget. It may sound over the top but it really works and prevents you from getting sunburnt.

janigal1

by janigal1 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:34 pm

A friend of mine recently noticed that a mole on the back of my neck look strange. I went to my GP who referred me to the Dermatoligist. I spend a lot of time in the sun, I'm in Florida for a few months a year. The dermatologist looked at my mole and said it was fine. :D She also told me just to make sure I use at least Factor 30 and just to be sensible when I'm out. So now, I try to make sure I've got my SPF on and of course Sun Glasses too.

sandra j1973

by sandra j1973 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:50 pm

I always put my first layer of sun cream on whilst putting my bikini on and getting the children into there's. It stops all the fuss when we get to the beach ,having to apply it when they want to just play. For follow up applications I keep everyone topped up after they've been swimming and whilst their eating. These always seem to be the best times to get children to co-operate. They tend to eat quite a lot more when their outside in the fresh air. Another tip is that even at home in the summer months ( well months is a bit extreme) I always have sun cream in my handbag it's quite easy to be caught outside and the sun starts shining so be prepared.

lildan52

by lildan52 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:20 pm

My tips are always wear suncream and top it up every few hours when you are in the sun, always wear sunglasses especially when larking around in the pool (the sun reflects off the water) and drink plenty of water. Also I always go into the shade or indoors between 12 noon and 3.00pm when the sun is at its highest and hottest and this is in the UK as well as abroad.
Personally I like to start going out in the sun (with protection) in the UK as early in the year as possible...we often get some lovely sunny days in May so this is gives your skin a gradual introduction to the sun and I find that a gradual suntan lasts much longer as well.

Amrita Dawan

by Amrita Dawan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 am

Hi,
This post very interesting.
When i go out with my family members to enjoy the holiday then i suppose to use different creams like body lotions and more.
hope this information helps you alot.

thank you

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Amrita Dawan

Thank you for your post. We are glad you find the information interesting.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

village77

by village77 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Wear protective clothing. If possible, wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts, and hats.Make sunglasses your favorite accessory
http://villagephysiotherapy.ca/physiotherapy

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:09 am

I think it is very good to know about the how to fun in the sun that can really cool to me ..

10 posts