Back injury and IBS

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
lawrenceh

by lawrenceh on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:47 am

Back injury and IBS

I read some research on back back pains and IBS. It seemed to insinuate that back pain is caused by IBS, which I'm sure in some cases must be true.

However, in my case, I injured my back in the gym a few years back. It never really healed, but it hasn't bothered me enough to go to the doctor about it.

I have severe IBS right now, and have had it for months and months. Every other day, sometimes every day, it hits me, and I need to go to the bathroom 10 or more times. This has caused a lot of other issues, as you can imagine.

Sometimes, when my back feels right for just a moment, I feel that my whole body goes at ease, and I am starting to think that this injury is what has caused this severe problem. In my case, the injury happened, I started feeling off in my back, and then afterwards, my stomach slowly degenerated to what it is now. I have had a colonoscopy, I have had blood samples taken with with all kinds of tests, and no cause has been found, or is likely to be found.

In my case, the back was injured first, and then came everything else. It just hadn't occurred to me before now.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:39 am

Re: Back injury and IBS

Hi lawrenceh,

That is interesting about the back injury possibly causing gastrointestinal issues rather than the other way round as research has suggested. This could be due to the brain/gut connection and our response to pain causing an unbalanced gut.

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Re: Back injury and IBS

I do not think the back injury has something to do with IBS. I would say that perhaps you should stretch before exercise. You could do lighter load weights in more reps. Always eat healthy. Try eating lots of salads and fruits.

3 posts