19 and wet the bed

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
StrawberryLatte

by StrawberryLatte on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:12 pm

19 and wet the bed

Hi,

I'm 19 and female and I'm still wetting the bed. Been doing it since I was a kid and I can't figure out what's causing it. I wet the bed every night except a lucky 1 or 2 days a week. Last time I talked with a therapist about it, he was like, "I think you're just a deep sleeper!", but I'm not that deep a sleeper in most circumstances so that surprised me. He suggested an alarm(just a regular phone alarm), and while it did wake me up and I went to the bathroom, I had to pee again and I still wet myself. Actually, I do get up to pee a lot on my own, but I'll have already peed myself before hand, or I might start getting up to go but I can't hold it. I've wondered if drinks were affecting it, but they don't seem to be? I can drink a glass of soda before bed and have a lucky night, or I could stop drinking a few hours before bed and pee myself. I say I pee about 2-3 times a night(either in bed or in the bathroom). A couple of weeks ago I had one where it was 6! Does anyone have any tips for me? I don't really have any continence issues in the day, and my parents didn't haven't this problem or anything.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: 19 and wet the bed

Hi StrawberryLatte,

Sounds like you are having a tough time with this issue; It must be understandably very worrying for you.

Although unfortunately we can not give you any specific medical advice regarding your incontinence issues. We would though suggest that you get this checked out with your GP in order to find out what is going on, solve the problem and put your mind at ease.

Previous clinics have discussed similar issues last year here; https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... 64&t=28633 which you may want to check out, but the expert advice was to go get further testing (as you will see from the link above).

Hope this helps,

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:09 am

About 0.5-3% of teenagers and young adults wet the bed at night. Most of them have always wet, but 20% start after being previously dry

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:24 am

I think you need to wear incontinence pads at night. I don't wet the bed myself - thankfully - but can understand your distress.

Again, you will need incontinence pads and a plastic bed sheet.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:57 am

Reasons for grown-up bed-wetting might include: A blockage (obstacle) in piece of the urinary parcel, for example, from a bladder stone or kidney stone. Bladder issues, like little limit or overactive nerves.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:48 am

advhccenter wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:57 am
Reasons for grown-up bed-wetting might include: A blockage (obstacle) in piece of the urinary parcel, for example, from a bladder stone or kidney stone. Bladder issues, like little limit or overactive nerves.
This could very well be accurate. It'd be best to contact your doctor, in case this is the reason for you wetting the bed.

I do still think incontinence pads and a plastic bedsheet are your friend.

6 posts