Coping

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
josie

by josie on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:43 am

Coping

Hello - I've just posted into the new continence forum, and then saw this one - which is what my problems are! I’m in my mid 30’s and have had 2 children and suffered from severe incontinence after the birth of my first child, and after the second child had an operation that was promised to cure my issues. Unfortunately this operation was a botch job and over the last couple of years I have had corrective surgery to try and rebuild the damage done. I really sympathise with anyone that suffers from bladder issues as not only is it hugely inconvenient and all trips out need to be planned but also it is also very embarrassing. I have found very little support on the internet for people like myself and even fewer places to discuss with others the practical day to day issues. I am very keen to read how others cope and hopefully pick up hints and tips. I know that I am not the only person out there with these problems – womens magazines tell me all the time how common it is – but where are all these people?!!!!

alison12

by alison12 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: Coping

Hi Josie again!....Really interesting to read your post. I am hoping that we can make this forum grow - as you are right I also found very few places to actually discuss such problems. Lots of different information around on the internet but no actual real people to interact with....lets hope we can start gathering some more momentum.....
alison12
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Bill Adder

by Bill Adder on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:08 am

Re: Coping

Hi Josie!
I know how hard it can be to access information and talk to others with this condition, as a lot of the old forums have closed down or switched to a pay service. Fear not, you are not alone! There are others out there, but many find it hard to get started talking about intimate health problems. You need only look at the view counts for each post to know that many have the condition, but are scared to talk about it.
If we can create an understanding environment here, they should start to trickle in as time passes. It can be a valuable resource when you are feeling isolated, even if you can't yet pluck up the courage to post, the sense of community can help. *Jumps up and down waving* Hello readers! :D

If there's anything in particular you wish to know, or a particular issue that you want another viewpoint on, try starting a thread with a clear heading, it helps to find the topic when someone has something to say that may help. They may have already spent a lot of time researching that problem, so can save you the time. I'll help if I can, and I'm sure others out there will have a wealth of knowledge to share.

I hope this helps,

Bill. ;)

3 posts