Best treatment for scar removal

Moderator: talkhealth

16 posts
andreaswift

by andreaswift on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 am

Re: Best treatment for scar removal

Scar can be removed with laser treatment and also by some cosmetic treatment there is the best way or procedure accordingly my knowledge

1- Scar revisions are usually done under local anesthesia. If the scars are large or if the patient prefers, the procedure may be done under sedation and local or general anesthesia.
The old scar is removed, and one of several plastic surgery techniques is used to repair the incision. The surgeon will use whichever technique will allow the best chance of obtaining an improved or excellent scar.
Thy extent of surgery, time off from work, and recovery time have to be determined on an individual basis. 2-The expected results also vary from patient to patient. Actually, outcome of scar revision is difficult to predict. Most of the patients are expected to get good results, but in some patients the end results may not be as satisfying.

eliannah

by eliannah on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 am

This stuff works!! I'm a Native American and I had back acne really bad and then had acne scars for the aftermath. It was terrible. Dermalmd's scar serum has been clearing it up really well! My skin feels nourished and I think it helps to reveal healthier skin and reduce redness and scarring so I will continue to have this product on hand!

mohanskincentre

by mohanskincentre on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:52 am

You need to go with the laser treatment.

Dr Mark Brewin

by Dr Mark Brewin on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am

It all depends on the type of scar you have and its location on your body. It also depends on the maturity of scar i.e. is it red? is it stiff? Is it raised?
Surgical excision or correction always has its risks as you may just well form another scar which may or may not be worse. It is difficult to just cut out a scar and sew it up. This is because you are removing some tissue and therefore creating a gap. This will mean that the skin is stretched and this stretch can promote further scarring.
There are many ways to manage a scar. Please look at my article on scar management on this site to give you some pointers.
Most surgeons will only consider excision when the scar is limiting your function and/or growth in some way.
Thanks
Dr Mark Brewin
Clinical Scientist - BSc (Hons), MSc, MIPEM, PhD
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... brewin.php

Sandra_James

by Sandra_James on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 am

So you have a fresh new scar, and you’re ready to do whatever it takes to make it look as good as possible. What do you put on it? How do you protect it? There are so many lotions and potions out there, it’s hard to know what works. The short answer is: not much does. But the good news is that there are a few simple principles, and a few technologies that can make a difference in making that mark fade from view.

If your scar is the result of surgery or a cut, having it repaired properly is a key to success. Make sure it is done in an aesthetic clinic. Once the wound is repaired and healing, the number one factor in avoiding scar darkening is sun exposure.

Over the course of its maturation, a scar will pick up sun pigment differently than normal tissue. Instead of tanning and then fading, it will pick up color slowly but continuously, in a pretty much irreversible manner. Sunblock therapy is the most important element in cosmetic scar healing, and I recommend daily sunblock for almost all healing wounds, rain or shine.

The next key to optimizing your scar is massage. During that year and a half that the scar is maturing, it is continuously changing its structure. Routine massage can tell the scar what to do, or how to remodel itself. It can suggest “flatten” or “smooth,” leaving a much more regular texture to the scar. Massage therapy should be performed daily for several months in a row to maximize its benefit.

CathyWoo

by CathyWoo on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:02 pm

I have bad acne scars, and the one thing that works is dermalmd scar cream. My doctor suggested it and I was skeptical, but kept using it, and my redness and scaring were gone, yay!

kkristy48

by kkristy48 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 am

Here is the home remedy that can help eliminate your dark spots and acne scars fast:
1.Aloe Vera. source. .
2.Coconut oil. source. .
3.Baking Soda. source. .
4.Honey. TAKE THE QUIZ. .
5.Essential Oils. source. .
6.Shea Butter. source. .
7.Turmeric Powder. source.

Sophia9848

by Sophia9848 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 am

Best treatment for scar removal

Usually after the usage of regular home remedies, many people get bored and lose confidence in taking the treatment for scar removal.

Firstly, we need to know the formation of a scar. Majorly scars come with acne, wound, burnt, surgery, accident. The best way to get rid of scars are to approach a professional. Dermatologist is a person who investigates your skin condition currently and check the root cause behind the concern and then he will take a decision of treatment.

Treatments for scar removal include

• Laser Resurfacing
• Chemical peels
• Micro-needling
• Silicone gel sheets
• Topical Creams

annalewis716

by annalewis716 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:53 am

Would this work also for really bad scars? The doctor said I should focus on cryoneedle/keloid removal

scilover

by scilover on Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 am

I have tried like few ointments for scars and it just fades out like 1%. can anybody suggest to me the more super treatment for my scars?

16 posts