Experience with diabetes

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
mnminh1998

by mnminh1998 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:43 pm

Experience with diabetes

Hi people, two of my grandparents have had diabetes so it would probably be wise to research it as some families are more prone to it from my understanding.

Do you guys have any experience or tips helping people with diabetes as someone who does not have it?

How should i act, what can i do to help and so forth.

Best regards

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Re: Experience with diabetes

Diabetes can be genetic, I'm afraid. Plus, it is not always because someone is overweight. The odd sweet treat won't cause the condition BUT people with diabetes are advised to always be aware of their sugar intake. They will have to prick their finger to test their blood sugar levels. BUT they have developed an electronic device that measures blood sugar levels without having to prick the finger. You will have to either ask your doctor about this or simply Google it.

Back to diabetes: there are diabetic foods available in supermarkets. You can also get a leaflet from your local doctor's surgery about managing diabetes through diet.

It isn't a medical condition that you'd want to have BUT it is managable and many people with it live to old age. So please don't be too worried.

mnminh1998

by mnminh1998 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 am

Thanks for the reply MissCandyGirl

So it seems like it is manageable condition as you just wrote

But as a third party person it seems like the most i can do is to remind them to check their blood sugar level as well as remind them of eating the right foods

There is one topic that seems quite worrysome that you have not mentioned.

Since you did not mention it, I do not know how common it is, but should I be worried about diabetic foot ulcers and such? I have read that some people use honey as a DIY treatment as it has been clinically proven to help treating the wound. Looking through different studies i also saw https://3cpatch.com/ as a possible way to treat diabetic foot ulcers. Do you have any experience with any of those?

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:07 am

Using honey has value in itself but it is not going to be as effective as using a medicated cream.

Alternative medical treatments are used all over the globe: China has its natural treatments, as do many countries. Homeopathy is vastly popular. But there are arguments against it. Many medical professionals always advise seeing a general practitioner first. But I see no harm is trying natural treatments: after seeing a doctor, however.

Holland & Barrett are an excellent shop for seeing alternative treatments to medical conditions. But - as already said - talk to your doctor first. He/she will know their medicine.

johnsjacob1

by johnsjacob1 on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:36 am

Hi every one my name is johns, I would like to know neither the tablet nor the insulin is more side effect.

5 posts