Norilsk scientist Ivan Yaschuk: “life expectancy is not affected by alcohol” Do you agree with this statement?

Moderator: talkhealth

8 posts
PhillipLamm

by PhillipLamm on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:47 am

Norilsk scientist Ivan Yaschuk: “life expectancy is not affected by alcohol” Do you agree with this statement?

I’ve read a long paper about the factors that influence life expectancy, Norilsk scientist Ivan Yaschuk analyzes a lot of factors such as lifestyle, crime rate, diet, and nutrition, hygiene.

However, the scientist concluded that alcohol doesn’t affect life expectancy. Is Norilsk scientist’s statement correct?

GeorgeSmith

by GeorgeSmith on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Re: Norilsk scientist Ivan Yaschuk: “life expectancy is not affected by alcohol” Do you agree with this statement?

Could you attach the link to the material?

PhillipLamm

by PhillipLamm on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

Re: Norilsk scientist Ivan Yaschuk: “life expectancy is not affected by alcohol” Do you agree with this statement?

It’s published in French, so I think you won’t understand it

GeorgeSmith

by GeorgeSmith on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm

I am French and I have read that paper, I don’t agree with the research on life expectancy Norilsk’s scientist makes a lot of logical mistakes and it seems to me that he tries to find an excuse for addicts. Alcohol has a tremendous impact on . For example, most drinking countries such as Moldova and Belarus have a very short life expectancy according to the statistics.

scilover

by scilover on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:42 am

Well, if a person drinks alcohol regularly, let's say one drink per day, it will definitely lead to short life expectancy. But if a person drinks once in a while, I don't think it will affect to that degree.

PhillipLamm

by PhillipLamm on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:53 am

What about the countries that don’t drink at all (for example Egypt)? I am not sure that these countries have longer life expectancy.

scilover

by scilover on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:28 am

Hmmm....I don't think it really matters as for example, the top 5 countries with the highest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Japan, Switzerland, Singapore and Italy. These countries are allowed to drink.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Totally disagree, alcohol is never a good thing and it effects the digestive system, brain function, and health system in general. Its like saying smoking does not effect life expectancy, its just as ludicrous.

8 posts