Imbedded Screw

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
theswedking

by theswedking on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 am

Imbedded Screw

I had hip surgery in 2015. Now I am looking at my second hip surgery. One of the screws has embedded itself about way through my femur. It has displaced my hip muscles/tendon, fluid build up, and floating bits. I am wondering how do they remove a screw that is almost half way through your bone. What about bone integrity?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:26 am

Re: Imbedded Screw

Hi theswedking,

Thank you for posting on the forum. Sorry to hear about the screw becoming embedded to cause those secondary problems. Hopefully another member may have some answers for you. Have you contacted your GP or consultant about this?

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:29 pm

Re: Imbedded Screw

theswedking wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 am
I had hip surgery in 2015. Now I am looking at my second hip surgery. One of the screws has embedded itself about way through my femur. It has displaced my hip muscles/tendon, fluid build up, and floating bits. I am wondering how do they remove a screw that is almost half way through your bone. What about bone integrity?
The short answer is there is only one way and that is an operation. You need to visit a hospital not a GP. If you visit a GP, they will most likely refer you to a hospital.

3 posts