Should I file a lawsuit against the doctor?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
JustinWysocki

by JustinWysocki on Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:02 am

Should I file a lawsuit against the doctor?

H guys,

I am writing this for my brother, who has had a terrible year. First, he was diagnosed with cancer and undergone a major surgery, then 5 months later collapsing at home and being rushed to the local hospital to be told that he had suffered a major heart attack. He actually had a major blood cloth in his right lung and several smaller clots in the left lung. Upon analyzing the reports, it was found that he was facing side effects caused by the Valsartan drug, which he used to control the blood pressure.

The doctor further said that the Valsartan drug had been recalled by the FDA as it was found to cause cancer. My brother did not know this, and he used to take it daily.

Now he is recovering slowly, and upon research, it was found that he can file a Valsartan lawsuit against the medical store and the doctor that had prescribed him to take the drug. I wanted to know if it is right to file a lawsuit against them as the drug was controlling the blood pressure for him. What would you do if you were in his place?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:23 am

Re: Should I file a lawsuit against the doctor?

Hi JustinWysocki,

Thank you for posting on the forum. We are very sorry to hear about your brother and the awful experience he has had. It is completely understandable that he would want to take this further. Unfortunately here at talkhealth, we are unable to give out specific medical and legal advice, but hopefully you will receive some replies soon from our other members who may be able to advise you.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Re: Should I file a lawsuit against the doctor?

The answer is it depends when the medication was prescribed. If it was given before notice of danger, then you will lose the case. If the doctor prescribed the drugs after he knew about it then you have a case. The lawyers on the defendants side will simply say mistakes happen, and then run with that. Do what you think is best.

3 posts