Varying symptoms come and go, what should I do?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
megb3235

by megb3235 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 am

Varying symptoms come and go, what should I do?

Hello Internet! I've come here for advice because I am stressed and don't know where else to turn to. I am a 22 year old female and I feel I experience a lot of random symptoms almost daily and it makes me worry because I should be young and healthy like my peers. I'll list them:

chest pressure. This symptom is quite mild and definitely gets worse the more I think about it. It comes and goes both long term and short term. I will often feel it for a few minutes then it will go away and this occurs every few weeks for a day or so. The pressure occurs right around the center of my chest.

I also have been experiencing more stomach upset than usual. Lately I've dealt with constipation, nausea, occasional decreased appetite. Most days I will be fine and can eat whatever but the next day I hardly want to touch food! This morning I woke up got very dizzy and nonproductively retched for about 5 minutes! ( I wonder though if it might have been due to my period and the terrible cramps I experienced the entire night).

I really just feel I've been worrying about my health much more than usual over the past 6 months. It may just be due to the fact that it has been a high stress time for me. Although I've not been diagnosed, I know I've struggled with anxiety all my life and it runs in my family. All of my symptoms feel real but I also feel like it could be anxiety or I could be a hypochondriac. I'm particularly anxious about all of this lately because I am about to leave in 3 weeks for a study abroad experience where I will be in Germany for 4 months, and I want to feel healthy for that. I wonder if I will arrive and feel relieved because I've made it and can stop stressing over it? I also have a lot of anxiety regarding doctors and my health. My sister had childhood cancer, so I know what it's like when things go bad with your health. My anxiety has prevented me from seeing a doctor for many years now. That is why I always turn to online advice. Can anyone relate to these worries or offer me any information? Thank you

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Re: Varying symptoms come and go, what should I do?

Hi megb3235,

Anxiety can be a real issue for many and given your sister's medical history it is very understandable that you have been concerned about your health.

We unfortunately can not give specific medical advice but would recommend you make an appointment with your GP in order to put your mind at rest and would urge you to not only discuss your physical symptoms but also your anxiousness with them.

You may want to also consider joining up our wellbeing support programme, where you will receive 19 weeks of free information aimed at providing you with bite sized information to stay well;
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/fr ... -programme

Hope this helps,

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Re: Varying symptoms come and go, what should I do?

Working out at a gym, and eating healthy will help you in all circumstances.

3 posts