Anyone with Similar Experience?

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
AprylD44

by AprylD44 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Anyone with Similar Experience?

Hi -I have an incredible sore throat and dry cough and sometimes pain in my chest. My voice is hoarse and the hoarseness and pain in my throat increase when I speak more than a minimal amount. I sometimes have pain and burning in my upper chest. My right ear is consistently in a large amount of pain what usually increases after eating, my left ear hurts now and then. I had a neck US and all that showed with several swollen lymph nodes and a thyroid nodule. Same with the CT. The ENT says that he can see signs of reflux when he did the scope and believe strongly that I have a TMJ disorder. as recommended I followed up with a dentist that says I have absolutely no signs or indication that there is anything wrong with my TMJ. All of my blood work(ANA, C-Reactive, TSH, ESR etc) is negative for auto-immune and/or hormone issues. These symptoms have persisted for at least 7 weeks. I have also lost a significant amount of weight, my periods come every 20 days now and are heavy. This weekend I developed a sore on the back right side of my tongue and had large amounts of white pus where my tonsils used to be. Strep test was negative ENT says backed up salivary glans ans 100oz of water a day over the next 2 weeks should clear things up....I am not so sure. Has anyone had similar symptoms and received a diagnosis?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:39 am

Re: Anyone with Similar Experience?

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the forum, although we are sorry to see you are having some health issues at the moment. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to get it checked out though. Unfortunately talkhealth are unable to offer you specific medical advice.

It may be useful to have a look through some of the past clinics to see if there are any relevant posts that may answer some of your questions? In addition why not consider joining up our Mywellbeing support programme? take a look here; http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Re: Anyone with Similar Experience?

AprylD44 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:11 pm
Hi -I have an incredible sore throat and dry cough and sometimes pain in my chest. My voice is hoarse and the hoarseness and pain in my throat increase when I speak more than a minimal amount. I sometimes have pain and burning in my upper chest. My right ear is consistently in a large amount of pain what usually increases after eating, my left ear hurts now and then. I had a neck US and all that showed with several swollen lymph nodes and a thyroid nodule. Same with the CT. The ENT says that he can see signs of reflux when he did the scope and believe strongly that I have a TMJ disorder. as recommended I followed up with a dentist that says I have absolutely no signs or indication that there is anything wrong with my TMJ. All of my blood work(ANA, C-Reactive, TSH, ESR etc) is negative for auto-immune and/or hormone issues. These symptoms have persisted for at least 7 weeks. I have also lost a significant amount of weight, my periods come every 20 days now and are heavy. This weekend I developed a sore on the back right side of my tongue and had large amounts of white pus where my tonsils used to be. Strep test was negative ENT says backed up salivary glans ans 100oz of water a day over the next 2 weeks should clear things up....I am not so sure. Has anyone had similar symptoms and received a diagnosis?
Try vapour rub and menthol sweets.

3 posts