tested negative for STD´s, however...

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Dante_33

by Dante_33 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

tested negative for STD´s, however...

Hi Everyone,
I am not sure if this is the right place to post about sexual health topics, but here we go.

So, 2 years ago I had unprotected sex with someone that turns out had chlamydia, as far as I know, chlamydia it's one of the easiest infections to get through unprotected sex.
I let 2 years passed after the incident, I was afraid on taking the test I don't know why.
Recently 2 months ago more or less, I had an episode of exposure...again (I konw...) so I let 6 weeks pass, and I decided to do the test it out, I couldn't handle so much stress and anxiety about it, I needed to know how was it!! So I went to a health clinic, I took the home kit for testing for STD/STI's and 3 days after I got the results, for my release I got everything negative. however I am wondering if I should be worried about a false negative for chlamydia?
2 years passed after being exposed, but even though, chlamydia is easy to get.
Am I overreacting and trust the results, for my own mental well being?

thanks for your time

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Re: tested negative for STD´s, however...

Hi Dante_33

Thank you for your post. We can understand how confusing the results may be but the only way to be 100% certain would be to get tested at a clinic or doctor's surgery, this will at least give you a correct result and put your mind at rest.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Re: tested negative for STD´s, however...

A negative result is a negative result.

3 posts