Help, Dr is no use, mystery skin condition

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Hufflepuff

by Hufflepuff on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Help, Dr is no use, mystery skin condition

Hello

I wonder if anyone has experienced the same as me. In the last days of January I suddenly developed a pinkish rash under my bottom lip. I left it in the hopes it would go away again but instead it got worse, going to red instead of pink and flaking. Not just tiny dust size flaking but big flakes.

After four weeks I tried cutting out the newest thing in my diet, coconut, but it was the same so at six weeks I gave in and saw my dr. He gave me emollient but all it did was stop the flaking.

Went back last week to him and he said he doesn't know what it is. Gave me hydrocortisone cream 1% to use on the rash. Only that made it the itchiest it's ever been and for my whole face to flush. The rash now is very itchy and it's started to spread to around both nostrils.

I 've been a vegan since May 2018 and only use Simple skincare products on my face. I did wonder if it was stress as my mum died unexpectedly on January 14th, a week or so before the rash first appeared.

judefire66uk

by judefire66uk on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Re: Help, Dr is no use, mystery skin condition

Hi there i have an issue with my skin at the moment that's been going on for years and was misdiagnosed as acne... after seeing a different GP he suggested it was something called folliculitis but we now think its a reaction to one of my pills i take ( antidepressant venlafaxine) ... i suggest you keep going back to the GP... its very distressing have rashed/scabs on the face and affects self-worth and mental wellbeing so maybe try saying that and get them to suggest a referral to a dermatologist... I'm not sure id be happy with an answer of "i don't know what it is"! - Perhaps try a different GP or research online etc. Hope this helps
:D Chronic Illness Sufferer, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety, health Anxiety, Allergies, Skin Allergies, Nerd, Gooner, Bookworm, Hilarious Person!! :lol: :lol:

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Re: Help, Dr is no use, mystery skin condition

Itching can be a good thing, it means its working. Just do something to sort out the itching and keep using the cream.

3 posts