Check Ups

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
JustJayne01

by JustJayne01 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:46 am

Check Ups

Having moved home and the GP surgery insisting that after over 40 years of being with them, that I had to leave, I signed on with the local surgery. There were a few teething problems, but in the main they have been so on-the-ball that I've now been diagnosed with all sorts of things my last surgery didn't even bother with!
Blood tests revealed pre-diabetes (I still contend this one; I had had sugary cereal for breakfast not knowing I'd have blood taken), high cholesterol and hypertension. Having had a follow up ECG, I am now on preventative medication and follow up BP checks monthly. My last surgery hadn't tested my BP for at least 5 years and I had been on HRT!
My point is, go for regular check ups, at least annually, our body changes so much as we age.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am

Re: Check Ups

Hi Jayne,

Thank you so much for your post, we couldn't agree more! Especially important to drum it into men I think as the majority won't visit their GP unless an arm or two are hanging off!

Also, glad to hear you've found an efficient surgery, it can make such a difference to how you feel about your health if you feel confident about your GP and their staff knowing what they're doing!

Have a super week and enjoy the sunshine!

Sally
Community Manager
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

genuinedental

by genuinedental on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:06 am

Along with physical checkup dental checkup is also necessary within every six month. Never ignore dental health because this can cause serious consequences :D :D :D :D

ElisaNorris

by ElisaNorris on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:09 am

My uncle too has diabetes and we regularly send him for a regular whole body check up.

catherine88

by catherine88 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am

I want to support everyone about dental check ups! Its very important to do them every 6 months if you don't want to end up with something serious!

5 posts