Arthritis

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

22 posts
mikejamesjhm

by mikejamesjhm on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 am

Arthritis

Can anyone say me physical activities will reduce or increase the pain in Arthritis?

dilewis

by dilewis on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Arthritis

yoga helps meyoga helps me :)

Hileena1

by Hileena1 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 pm

mikejamesjhm wrote:Can anyone say me physical activities will reduce or increase the pain in Arthritis?
Hi
What kind of arthritis do you have? On the whole exercise helps and doesn't hinder but you should get medical advice on what kind of exercise to do for your particular problem.
Swimming is a good one as the water takes all of the weight.
I have OA ....mostly it's stretching exercises for me and I'm going in for a Hip replacement on the 24th of Jan so I'm trying to do the exercises they have given me to strengthen that hip before going in
Love
Hileena

Hileena1

by Hileena1 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Helen
I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow.
They had to attempts at getting me up after the op and my BP plummeted and I fainted.
That was Fri after the op, they tried again on Sat and the same thing happened
So 2 blood transfusions.....up Sunday and out on Monday.
Staples are out but the dressing keeps getting put back on because it is still seeping.
I'm shattered {partially from not sleeping} and I suppose it was a big op
Anyway I'll get there

Love
Hileena

Hileena1

by Hileena1 on Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi
Sorry its been a while since I've been online here.
Four weeks post THR I was doing an NHS exercise and heard a crack....I've done this exercise loads of times before...this is my 2nd THR. I was taken to hospital, told I had fractured my Greater Trochantor {spelling?} bone. There was nothing they could do about it and it would heal itself. It would take a long long time!!!!!!!! Whatever that is.....its almost 11 weeks now and I'm still on 2 crutches outside, 1 crutch in the house and a mobility scooter if I have to go more than about 15 mins {walking} :(
My OA and scoliosis I have accepted it and can manage it but this is a different matter. I think because I expect it to get better and there doesn't seem to be any improvement :( So have a lot more negative days than I ever did before.
Sorry about the moan.
Love
Hileena

Hileena1

by Hileena1 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi Helen
I've got hobbies but I cant sit in the house :D
The thing that is bothering me most is you say "during your recovery" but how long??? :?: ......some have said over a year others have said they just cant tell.
I've got myself back to driving again.....fairly local journeys but bit by bit I'll do a little bit more {if I need to}
That's helping.....The housework is one of the things that bothers me......My OA and Scoliosis.....I've accepted that and am coping with {or managing it} but with one crutch at the least.....its difficult to do any housework. I've got a very supportive husband but I still feel guilty
I'm back to some volunteering for Arthritis Care....Peer Support.
Like I say....not much good at sitting in the house :lol:
Thanks for your reply
Love
Hileena

22 posts