How to get official diagnoses of arthritis?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Patricia96

by Patricia96 on Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 am

How to get official diagnoses of arthritis?

Hi,
Ive been seeing my GP on and off for some time now but don’t seem to be getting anywhere. He sees my symptoms as mild, so won’t investigate further, however when flared up they really effect my quality of life.
My main issue is in my left wrist, I’ve had a weakness in it for as long as I can remember. It would normally be painful when my palm was flat and I push down, so would avoid opening doors with open hand etc. The pain and discomfort is more frequent now, even sore without movement, mornings, coldness, holding phone etc. There’s definitely weakness in it aswel, which is becoming more noticeable as I’m unable to do things I used to with it. My GP advised me I had inflammation in my wrist that’s why pain would come and go, basically told me to take pain killers when needed and that was it. I do have wrist supports I use when it is bad, they help a little. I’m also getting odd flare ups with aches and pains else where in my body, and wondering if they are connected. I know people have it much worst than me so I always play it down and feel bad going to GP complaining about it, but I really do want answers now. Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:40 pm

Re: How to get official diagnoses of arthritis?

See a different doctor.

I am sorry you're going through this, Patricia96. Your doctor doesn't sound very helpful. Do see a different GP. You are obviously not being listened to. And sometimes it takes a few doctors to realize your condition. You know what is wrong with you: you're going to know. The point is, a different doctor WILL listen. I can't cure your arthritis but you DO need stronger painkillers and other treatment.

Do follow my advice: if painkillers aren't enough, you're going to need recognition from another doctor.

nancypmartinez42

by nancypmartinez42 on Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:07 am

Patricia96 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 am
Hi,
Ive been seeing my GP on and off for some time now but don’t seem to be getting anywhere. He sees my symptoms as mild, so won’t investigate further, however when flared up they really effect my quality of life.
My main issue is in my left wrist, I’ve had a weakness in it for as long as I can remember. It would normally be painful when my palm was flat and I push down, so would avoid opening doors with open hand etc. The pain and discomfort is more frequent now, even sore without movement, mornings, coldness, holding phone etc. There’s definitely weakness in it aswel, which is becoming more noticeable as I’m unable to do things I used to with it. My GP advised me I had inflammation in my wrist that’s why pain would come and go, basically told me to take pain killers when needed and that was it. I do have wrist supports I use when it is bad, they help a little. I’m also getting odd flare ups with aches and pains else where in my body, and wondering if they are connected. I know people have it much worst than me so I always play it down and feel bad going to GP complaining about it, but I really do want answers now. Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you
Hello Patricia, Felt very sorry for hearing this. I am also facing such a condition. My body was very weak and I was exhausted after doing my household work. The first time I didn't notice it, I think it is due to my workload. Eventually, it worsen and I cannot do any work that much I was tired. Then I decided to consult a GP, that was the best decision in my life. First, he checked my Vitamin D level, and it was too low. That was one of the reasons for my tiredness. He enquired all about my health, physical and mental condition. Then he came to the decision that I was leading a very stressful life. That makes me this tired. I go through a condition of fibromyalgia, and now get better relief by doing physio.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:57 am

nancypmartinez42 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:07 am
Patricia96 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 am
Hi,
Hello Patricia, Felt very sorry for hearing this. I am also facing such a condition. My body was very weak and I was exhausted after doing my household work. The first time I didn't notice it, I think it is due to my workload. Eventually, it worsen and I cannot do any work that much I was tired. Then I decided to consult a GP, that was the best decision in my life. First, he checked my Vitamin D level, and it was too low. That was one of the reasons for my tiredness. He enquired all about my health, physical and mental condition. Then he came to the decision that I was leading a very stressful life. That makes me this tired. I go through a condition of fibromyalgia, and now get better relief by doing physio.
Hello nancypmartinez42.

It is interesting that your doctor DID listen to you and did run tests. Your doctor knew their job. It is such a shame Patricia's doctor has not listened to her: hence why I advised she see a different GP. Some doctors are not as attentive as others.

Physiotherapy should be prescribed: not just pain pills. And having various tests: such as vitamin D levels and even stress levels. A thorough doctor will check all these avenues.

Do please see a different doctor, Patricia: you do deserve to be listened to and have the right medical treatment.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:54 am

X-beams might show joint changes and bone harm tracked down in certain kinds of joint pain. Other imaging tests may likewise be finished. Ultrasound. Ultrasound utilizes sound waves (not radiation) to see the nature of synovial tissue, ligaments, tendons, and bones.

5 posts