What does arthritic pain feel like

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

7 posts
Maryanne1976

by Maryanne1976 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:38 am

What does arthritic pain feel like

Hi all,

My doctor thinks I have rheumatoid arthritis. I have pain in forefinger in each hand which feels sharp at times with certain movements. At times it is a dull ache. In other people's experience is this the type of pain associated with RA? I also at times have swollen painful wrists, pain in shoulder and neck that is so so painful when it flares up.

My ankles also have felt like they would snap when I walk downstairs first thing in the morning.

I'd love to hear if this is similar to other peoples experience .

Im waiting on blood results. Also, the fatigue is so difficult to manage.

Thanks

ashleydaniel

by ashleydaniel on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Re: What does arthritic pain feel like

I had knee pain when I got an accident, it's really painful even at night, but after some medication it was little cover but not fully recovered, I used a pain relieve device which I got through Revitive coupons with doctor's recommendation, it's pretty much helpful for me, maybe it can help you also.

ashleydaniel

by ashleydaniel on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:21 pm

and don't be worry about that much.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:02 pm

I get slight pains in my right knee, but don't have arthritis. However, I am vigiliant about aches and pains. Because if there is constant pain, there is a problem. I am over 40 years old, so am now coming to accept my body is not as agile as it was. But I keep active and will report any pains in my joints to the doctor. Which is something I'd advise anyone do.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:18 pm

arthritis pain can last a lifetime. It may be constant, or it may come and go.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:18 pm

You're right, Latrice Sang. Because there is no magic cure for arthritic pain. Of course there are painkillers and guides on gentle body movements to alleviate pain. But it won't ever completely leave. The pain - however - can be at least managed.

shruthi143

by shruthi143 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:18 pm

Arthritis pain will be mostly occurs in joints and bones. And it is due to stiffness of the bones. That pain is horrible and it won't allow you to sleep well at nights.

7 posts