Constant Aching Legs

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

11 posts
craig7676

by craig7676 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 am

Constant Aching Legs

I have suffered leg pain in both of them on and off for the last 10 years but in recent months it's more persistent and doesn't seem to let up much. I just don't understand why I am getting these symptoms, it's as if I have just come back from a marathon or like I've got a severe case of the flu or something.

They hurt all the time and seems worse at night when I am wanting to go to sleep. I have been to the doctors several times and been prescribed tablets for RLS and pain killers but these don't always work. I feel my life is over because its absolutely debilitating at times and depressing.

Is there anyone out there that suffers from something similar, what can I do?

Just thought I would edit and add to this after all these years that the reason I have constant pain is because I have a condition called Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis where my muscles are in constant spasms thus causing the pain!
Last edited by craig7676 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Re: Constant Aching Legs

Hi craig7676,

Sorry to hear about the awful symptoms you are suffering from. We are unfortunately unable to offer any medical advice on the forum and would suggest you go to your GP to get the advice you need. Your doctor is best placed to advise as he/she has access to your entire medical history. They may even recommend taking some exploratory blood tests to find out exactly what is going on given the symptoms you describe.

You may want to have a look at some of the other general forums though or consider signing up for a more general support programme that we offer for overall wellbeing? Take a look here:https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php It is a programme that provides 19 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks. Each week you will receive either a PDF for you to download / print OR a video to view containing practical information written by talkhealth and medical and professional experts.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Regards

talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:29 pm

craig7676 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 am
I have suffered leg pain in both of them on and off for the last 10 years but in recent months it's more persistent and doesn't seem to let up much. I just don't understand why I am getting these symptoms, it's as if I have just come back from a marathon or like I've got a severe case of the flu or something.

They hurt all the time and seems worse at night when I am wanting to go to sleep. I have been to the doctors several times and been prescribed tablets for RLS and pain killers but these don't always work. I feel my life is over because its absolutely debilitating at times and depressing.

Is there anyone out there that suffers from something similar, what can I do?
Pain killers are good, but they cause a lot of problems later in life. Taking pain killers very often and make them become ineffective over time. I would suggest you try daily massaging, and muscle exercise.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:05 pm

I know this is an old post but I agree with Prycejosh1987: gentle stretching of your legs will help. Forget fancy techniques: just stretch gently, so your muscles can go into place. Also trying massages may help. You don't need to pay for an expensive masseur, though: just do it yourself with care. And definitely when you're out & about, move slowly. Don't run anywhere: I know the pain in your legs won't let you anyway, but it is still valid advice.

As for painkillers: take them sparingly, otherwise they lose their effectiveness.

I do hope I've helped.

craig7676

by craig7676 on Mon May 16, 2022 8:28 am

Wow haven't seen this until now. Thank you for the message :-)

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am

Apply an ice pack to your legs to reduce pain and swelling to the area. You can leave the cold pack on for 10 to 20 minutes up to three times a day. Compression

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:57 am

An ice pack will help reduce swelling and relieve aching legs.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:45 am

Calf pain, particularly after prolonged sitting, such as on a long car trip or plane ride. Swelling in both legs along with breathing problems. Any serious leg symptoms that develop for no apparent reason.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:22 am

Have you considered using a circulation booster?

Basically, you put your feet on it and it circulates your blood around your body. This relieves aching legs and helps you keep comfortable when exercising.

Do Google it!

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:40 am

Look for clinical consideration earnestly in the event that you have sore or hurting legs and: the leg is enlarged. it looks twisted or you can't can't utilize it appropriately. it is surprisingly cool or pale.

11 posts