Arthritis prevention

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
JuliaNewman

by JuliaNewman on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:42 am

Arthritis prevention

Good day everyone,
I am 46 years old, and my husband is 44. Recently he started complaining about pains in knee-joint and hips. I suppose it's time to start thinking about our future. What methods and advice can you give? I'm worried because he's job is partially related to weightlifting. Special mattresses, pillows, or vitamins? A friend of mine advised to choose from this list https://www.talkaboutsleep.com/best-mattress-for-hip-pain/
Last edited by JuliaNewman on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:53 am

Re: Arthritis prevention

Hi JuliaNewman

Thank you for your post. Please have a look at our free mywellbeing support programme which covers the following topics:

Sleep, digital detoxing
Weight and exercise
Men's and Women's health covering all age ranges
Mental and emotional well-being
Skin, allergies
Gut health, nutrition, sugar, salt, heart and cholesterol
Pain and first aid
Musculoskeletal
Seasonal health
Foot, hair, and oral/mouth health
Sexual health
Vision and hearing
Incontinence and bladder issues
Compassion fatigue and caring for others

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/wellbeing.php

The programme provides 19 weeks of dedicated information, sent to you by email in bite-size chunks. Each week you will receive either a PDF for you to download / print OR a video to view containing practical information written by talkhealth and medical and professional experts.

We hope you find this useful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Markhunt

by Markhunt on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi Julia

I played a lot of football and drive an HGV. My knees have been killing for a while and the pain wasn't controlled with the meds from the doctor. Also driving meant I couldn't use certain drugs. My doctor told me although my X rays were severe I was too young for surgery. I had injections and physio was painful. My orthopaedic surgeon said every pound over weight was 20 pounds of pressure on my knees. I got knee arthroknee braces. They've given me a new lease of life. The pain has eased I can carry on working and lifting. With the braces it takes pressure off my knees and hopefully will keep me going till I can have a total knee replacement

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:25 pm

JuliaNewman wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:42 am
Good day everyone,
I am 46 years old, and my husband is 44. Recently he started complaining about pains in knee-joint and hips. I suppose it's time to start thinking about our future. What methods and advice can you give? I'm worried because he's job is partially related to weightlifting. Special mattresses, pillows, or vitamins? A friend of mine advised to choose from this list https://www.talkaboutsleep.com/best-mattress-for-hip-pain/
Lots of stretching is needed before lifting heavy objects, and doing manual labour.

gesewi4014@agrolivana.com

by gesewi4014@agrolivana.com on Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:23 pm

Placing a pillow between your knees keeps your pelvis and spine neutral during sleep. It may help relieve pain in the back and hips. If you have back pain on both sides or want to lie on your back, try sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:02 am

there is no sure way to prevent arthritis. But you can help reduce your risk and delay the potential onset of certain types of arthritis. If you have healthy joints right now, do all you can now to maintain mobility and function and avoid the pain and disability associated with arthritis

6 posts