Ankles, knees, hips, wrists and back pain - What is this?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
Walnut from Alaska

by Walnut from Alaska on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 am

Ankles, knees, hips, wrists and back pain - What is this?

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forums, but am seeking answers. I'm 34, and about 3 weeks ago woke up with conditions like plantar fascitiis (sp) in both of my feet. The pain began a migration to my right ankle and left big toe, the next day to my knees, following that was my hips, wrists, and middle back. I also had some tightness in my upper abdominal muscles. Now this is where it has been consistent for the last few weeks. I went to the doctor and had blood drawn, tested everything from lupus, lyme, RA, strep, parvo, and more. Nothing popped on the tests. I've since seen an orthopedic surgeon who claimed it was polymyalgia rheumatica - but I don't know if he was just shooting from the hip - and prescribed me to get a steroid shot in my right ankle, where the swelling was the most pronounced. I'm taking a lot of anti-inflammatory stuff and tylenol, but this pain is getting to be pretty rough. I was hoping someone here might have experienced similar symptoms and maybe have the right advice on how I can manage this thing, or even what it is!

Thanks so much for the help!
-Walnut

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 am

Re: Ankles, knees, hips, wrists and back pain - What is this

Hi Walnut from Alaska

Thank you for your recent post. In October we will be running an online clinic on arthritis and pain management, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2019.php which you may find worthwhile. Please also have a look at the online clinic we ran last year on the same topic as there may be some useful information/pointers in there too, [urlhttps://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/forum/vie ... php?f=1077][/url].

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Re: Ankles, knees, hips, wrists and back pain - What is this?

You may need to exercise your muscles. Over time, taking the pain killers and stretching out your muscles should solve the issue, or at least make the issue, less of a problem.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:39 pm

If you do decide to stretch your muscles, do it gently. Basically, start lightly and don't push your body too hard. You want supple muscles that move and stretch with ease: rather than being muscle-bound. Gentle leg exercises and the suchlike will work wonders. Forget fancy Tai Chi: just use common sense when moving your muscles. If it hurts, stop. Again, you want to move with ease, so do that with your exercises.

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:03 pm

did the doctor check your uric acid? It could also be osteoarthritis, OA most commonly affects the joints in your arms and legs, including your fingers, wrists, knees, ankles, and hips. The lower back is also a common source of OA pain.

5 posts