Upper back pain,any ideas ?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
DottyLotty

by DottyLotty on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Upper back pain,any ideas ?

I am experiencing upper back pain .I have no injury or trauma , and no other symptoms.The pain is quite severe and occasionally I feels a burning sensation .Pain typically starts if I am stood up or walk for more than about 30 mins.resting helps a litle, but does not totally relieve the pain.I have had a knee replacement and have diagnosed degeneration in my hands and jaw.So, I am tipping the pain is some kind of degeneration of the spinal discs.I have tried DIY remedies for several week and do not know what to do next.
Getting an xray these days is next to impossible and require much hoop jumping ( In the past I have paid for scans but they are very expensive).PLEASE PLEASE does anyone out there have any ideas at all about the cause of my problem ?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Upper back pain,any ideas ?

Hi DottyLotty

Thank you for your post. We really would recommend that you go to your doctor for a definitive diagnosis and a referral for an x-ray. If you can't get a GP appointment, you could try a walk in centre.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Jennywren

by Jennywren on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Hello DottyLotty,

I am so sorry you are experiencing upper back pain, it must be horrible for you. I suggest you do what the talk health people say and see your GP and get an X-ray done to eliminate anything serious.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. I saw the GP and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with my back. I then went privately after much pain to have an MRI scan done. Yes they are expensive. It showed I had a 'wedge fracture' at T6. So I am not surprised I was in pain. It settled after a few months and with pain relief, althoug I tend to get twinges occassionaly. I didn't get an apology from the GP though! There was no treatment to be had but I'm glad I paid to get it confirmed. I have osteopenia which is a precurser to osteoporosis (I am a bit older so not surprised really) so I suspect it happened due to weaker bones. All I did was bend over to pick up some books nothing difficult normally. The pain was intense at the time but soon settle to just hurting a lot.

Do get it checked out though. I hope you get an answer to the problem.
Best wishes
Jenny

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Jenny

Thanks for posting your reply, I hope DottyLotty finds it helpful.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Linacruise1467

by Linacruise1467 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 am

Dear, if you don't mind counsel with a doc, ts really very not good for your health, my mother was too facing this issue doc adviced her to do more rest and change your mattress, after changing mattress her pain has reduced much and she feels greatly improved than previously, what mattress are you using? transform it perhaps you will likewise feel good.

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Use an ice pack and an over the counter pain reliever such as acetaminophen, aspirin, or naproxen. After the inflammation calms down, a heating pad or pack can help soothe muscles and connective tissue.

6 posts