Back Pain and Shoulder Pain

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

11 posts
TeresaLoewen

by TeresaLoewen on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Back Pain and Shoulder Pain

Hi All,

For many years I have suffered from low back pain, neck and shoulder pain. Previously, I was using massage therapy as a mean to relax – after 90 min sessions, I still had no relief. I finally got tired of spending money with no results. My body was like a tightly wound rubber band. My husband saw the impact that this was having on my health and demanded that I quit. After sharing my problem with friends and relatives, one of my friends told me about acupuncture. I have heard about it never been for treatment. I did hear that acupuncture is not much good for chronic pain problems? Have you people heard about any similar cases? I did make an inquiry from an acupuncture centre but still, I am in a confusion. Please do advice me?

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:14 am

Re: Back Pain and Shoulder Pain

First of all, get your x-rays done so that we come to know about your problem.

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Back Pain can be the reason of trauma, such as a fall or an accident. But most often back pain is the result of an everyday activity done incorrectly — activities as common as twisting to reach or lift an object, sitting at a computer in the same position for hours, bending over to vacuum, and carrying shopping bags. The good news is that back pain prevention isn't all that difficult, often requiring just a few adjustments that will soon become second nature.

anilksharma

by anilksharma on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 pm

hi... firstly I would like to recommend you get MRI done of both shoulder and back. So that we can conclude this weather its a normal back pain or its happening due to some big issue. I m saying for MRI because of mostly back pain, leg pain or any other pain, it's actually a starting of some upcoming big problem. so if such pain makes you irritate, uncomfortable or you are able to tolerate such pain. Then, do the MRI as earliest as possible...
Last edited by talkhealth on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed

susie

by susie on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am

I suffer back pain on and off for years after falling off a kerb and jarring my back in my 30's! I've had an MRI scan but nothing abnormal was shown... so I go along and it's fine for a couple of months and then like today I've woken up and I've niggled it somehow and its hurting like mad!
I've found the most important things that help for me are not resting too much, soft seating seems to be a trigger for me, keep moving around even if its gently, I popped my extra pain pills and I also have local anesthetic patches that I can wear to ease the pain... but its so annoying when it does start! In the past I've had physio which helped somewhat.
Id love to go privately and see what alternative treatments there are but finances dictate that i cant do this.
So I guess I need to go back to my GP again to see what's next.... this community helps so much as at least we can offload here and generally someone will offer some advice that I've not thought about!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 am

Hi Susie

Thanks for your recent post. Sorry to hear you are suffering a flare up but as you said, hopefully some of our members will be able to offer some advice.

In October we will be running an online clinic on arthritis and pain management which you may find interesting, you can have a sneakpeak here and decide if it's something you'd like to get involved in, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2019.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

andrehoss

by andrehoss on Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm

talkhealth wrote:Hi Susie

Thanks for your recent post. Sorry to hear you are suffering a flare up but as you said, hopefully some of our members will be able to offer some advice.

In October we will be running an online clinic on arthritis and pain management which you may find interesting, you can have a sneakpeak here and decide if it's something you'd like to get involved in, http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/ postureg _online_clinic_on_arthritis_2019.php.

Kind regards
talkhealth
Very helpful community for all kinds of health problems. I got much help about my lower back pain from this website.

scilover

by scilover on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:09 am

I will always have back pain ever since I got into an accident before. Can I cure it or I will never get better.

astonscott

by astonscott on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:55 am

If you have a severe back pain or shoulder pain, you can go for the treatment with the hot and cold therapy with custom gel ice packs. You needn't to take the medicine to cure your pain. Just use these gel or ice packs to treat any severe or minor pains.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

11 posts