Arthritis and Pain Management

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Arthritis and Pain Management

Don't forget to check out our online clinic running 8-19 October 2018. Get your questions ready for our experts.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Bradschu

by Bradschu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Arthritis and Pain Management

This condition requires a complete and holistic approach to treat and mitigate its symptoms. Appropriate exercise is also part of it. Tai Chi is known to be very helpful in reducing or eliminating various symptoms and complications arising from arthritis, including reducing inflamation. I have found the Eastern Internal arts offers time-proven wisdom on how we can improve our health and energy in naturally effective ways. This way we can be in charge of our own health, and without the negative side-effects. I think we can learn techniques and principles to start to take charge of our own health.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to read smoothly, URL removed

drrajindersingh

by drrajindersingh on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:57 am

Joint pain can be a literal nightmare as it disturbs your daily activity. It is always a wise decision to get in touch with the best ortho doctor who is extremely knowledgable in this branch. If you wanna know some of the amazing ortho doctors then let me know, I can help you with the contact info of some.

Dayanomite

by Dayanomite on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Bradschu wrote:This condition requires a complete and holistic approach to treat and mitigate its symptoms. Appropriate exercise is also part of it. Tai Chi is known to be very helpful in reducing or eliminating various symptoms and complications arising from arthritis, including reducing inflamation. I have found the Eastern Internal arts offers time-proven wisdom on how we can improve our health and energy in naturally effective ways. This way we can be in charge of our own health, and without the negative side-effects. I think we can learn techniques and principles to start to take charge of our own health.
Before you even consider trying to reduce inflammation through things like Tai Chi, I think you should try to avoid inflammatory things in the first place. A lot of people I know who suffer with chronic joint pain continue to consume things like alcohol and lots of omega-9 fatty acids (known to cause inflammation). These same people go out of their way to reduce inflammation in all kinds of weird ways. But if they just stopped drinking so much and cut out all the pro-inflammatory fats, there'd be less need for all the Eastern mysticism that seems to grip so many people in the West today. If that fails, consider using natural joint supplements.

Try cutting out things known to cause inflammation as soon as you can!

Grovster

by Grovster on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Great point about cutting down Omega-9 fatty acids, but is there any study showing the increase of inflammation due to in-taking Omega-9? If so please share the link!

I'd like to point out that a greater benefit to cutting down Omega-9, would be to cut down Omega-6 fatty acids. Omega-6 fatty acids make their way too easily into the the diets of each individual and hence this is known to cause inflammation. Instead, they should be replaced with Omega-3 fatty acids.

Here's a list of the foods you should avoid and what to replace them with:
Examples of vegetable oils you would want to avoid:
• Soy
• Corn
• Cottonseed
• Canola
• Safflower
• Sunflower

Better alternatives to cook with:
• Butter
• Olive oil
• Coconut oil

A few more foods high in omega-6 fatty acids:
• Nuts
• Seeds
• Peanut butter and nut butters
• Chicken (in high amounts)
• Tofu

Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids:
• Fatty fish (wild-caught)
• Shellfish
• Cod liver oil

Another point I'd like to make for arthritis pain management is that laser therapy has shown to be quite effective if you've tried everything and just aren't seeing any improvement. Laser therapy along with daily active stretching exercises has shown to greatly reduce arthritis related pains in the long term.

Hope that helped!
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:36 pm

A brilliant post, Grovster. I second it.

6 posts