Acne Treatments Making Skin Worse

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

18 posts
Sturrock1

by Sturrock1 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Acne Treatments Making Skin Worse

Hi, I have so many different treatments for acne from benxoyl peroxide to then diferin and now I am on lymecycline antibiotics. Over a matter of years..However my skin is now the worst it has been in a long time. Its lots of small pupletes (bumps under the skin) around my chin and mouth but I am also getting lots of little whiteheads over my nose and T zone area. I have never had this before. Its constant little pimples where previously it was large sore acne spots. I use acne cleaners I used toners and moisturisers everyday using Mario Badescu products. I have been on the antibiotics for 6 weeks now and it's getting worse not better. Please can anyone suggest anything that will help me. I am 28 and it's getting worse not better. Tnanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Re: Acne Treatments Making Skin Worse

Hi Sturrock1,

Sorry to hear about your frustrating and uncomfortable journey with acne.

Firstly, have you joined our acne support programme? Please find link here:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/psp/acne.php

Secondly, you may want to consider checking out one of our client's called Chuckling Goat. They explain that balancing the microbiome with friendly bacteria in the gut can help skin conditions including acne. Given that you have been on anti-biotics which kill good and bad bacteria, you could have an in-balance. That could explain why your acne is getting worse.

Check out the information here:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... t-is-acne/

However, we would always suggest visiting your GP if it is getting worse, so that they can re-evaluate the situation.

We hope you manage to get the acne under control soon.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

hannahdavids

by hannahdavids on Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:15 am

This is why I am not a fan of medications. Things like antibiotics tend to kill both good and bad bacteria. This leads to temporary fixes and imbalances in your body. The key to fixing this is addressing your internal body and making sure your body is in harmony. You do this through addressing things like your diet, stress levels, exercise, and more. I reviewed a product on my blog called Acne No More which addresses step by step exactly how to address every aspect of your body so that your internal environment becomes stable which allows your skin to heal. The link is in my signature. Hopefully it helps!
Check out my journey to fighting off acne and achieving clear skin here: www.theclearskinlife.com

AnnaMBart

by AnnaMBart on Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from.
I've been there too trying to fix with everything I can think of, applying every anti acne product I found on my face and taking all food supplements that might reduce my acne and it made it worse.

I was 26 years old when I had my acne to its worst.
But what I personally did, that you might consider doing so, is I stopped everything. Every supplement I took, and every anti acne product I applied on my skin and sought professional advice.
But since you're taking antibiotics, you might want to continue that until how long the prescription told you so but I also suggest to eat food with great source of probiotics to boost your good bacteria because your gut needs them yet the antibiotics are killing them.

Regarding with the products I apply on my skin, before I just looked up all the home remedies as well as look up through the awesome testimonies of other people and follow them. Sadly, it didn't worked for me.

But what really helped my acne was the products recommended by my dermatologist.
And it was only a basic moisturizer, a good sunscreen with at least 50 SPF, a gentle facial cleanser like Cetaphil and for a month, she suggested me to apply sulfur lotion which dries up all active acne and peels off some hyperpigmentation I was having. After the next month/s, she prescribed me with adapalene. I apply It at night.

I hope this helps you.

Radu.Rednic

by Radu.Rednic on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 pm

I have recently recommended a treatment for a friend of mine : soap creme and aloe vera drinking gel, he took only the cream and after just 2 days he noticed a small difference, he has very dry and sensitive skin and before using this cream he always had an option to help with one condition and make the other one worse. Leave me and PM to show you real natural products that actually works.
By discovering nature, you discover :arrow: yourself.

KKasablanc

by KKasablanc on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:17 pm

I've stopped using prescribed medication for acne. At this point i've tried so many already and they either just don't work or make things worse.. I've found one product that has been extremely effective and that is hypochlorous acid spray. It's all natural and organic and has potent anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and wound healing properties that make it effective against even the most persistent skin conditions. It's also hypoallergenic and works on even the most sensitive skin. I have not had an outbreak since I've started using. No more redness, swelling, and my dark spots have diminished significantly. Coming from my background with severe acne, I'm very impressed and excited about HOCl. But the best part is definitely cost effectiveness for me because I don't need to spend a fortune on prescribed medication or various other "solutions".

I recommend you google Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) on google as well.

Bunnykins83

by Bunnykins83 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:24 pm

I really regret staying on antibiotics for a few years which didnt help my acne at all but gave me digestive problems. If I had my time over again I would stop the antibiotics and concentrate on using gentle skin products and addressing my general health. Unfortunately back in the 70s we didnt have the information and awareness we have now. If a doctor told you to take something, you took it no questions asked. Thank God things have changed.

scilover

by scilover on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 am

I always scared to used medications for my skin, it is different from skincare right. I just not sure if it will give a good output or not.

Mike1234

by Mike1234 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am

I started sticking to a simple soap to cleanse my skin. This one brand which I don't think I'm allowed to say is probably the best soap I've tried. It initially dried out my spots and I thought it was making it worse but then over a few weeks I noticed a difference in my skin. It just started with the redness fading, then the spots started to fade aswell. They do two soaps I think for problem skin. I went with the essential oil one that does a bit of everything. Maybe going simple with skin cleaning could help you? It might not be the magic solution but for me it improved it enough for me not to feel as self conscious.

scilover

by scilover on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:38 pm

"Lymecycline is a type of oral antibiotic. It is most often prescribed for the treatment of acne. How does lymecycline help acne? Lymecycline helps alleviate the symptoms of acne by killing the bacteria which cause the infection and subsequent inflammation."

I just knew that lymecycline can be used again acne. But no worries, I faced the same problem too.

18 posts