acne

If you are living with acne and oily skin, ask our experts your questions.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
imaiqahhoney

by imaiqahhoney on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm

acne

Hi,

For the last few months I suddenly suffer from daily break out.
I have allergy since I was a kid, and eczema problem which also flares up at the same time with this acne problem.

My routine been all the same, the exposure to the surrounding too.
I just don't know what went wrong. I'm 33 and I thought I am not supposed to have this problem at this age.

I try to use products which is consider safe for sensitive skin like Eucerin, Avene, Sebamed but none seems to work. I get really frustrated cos I never suffer from this problem before.

I went to have a skin test and I was told that my complexion PH is 0 and i get excessive oil sebum (been like this since i was a kid).

I don't eat much fatty food and junk food, so I really don't understand why this happen. Help me.

Dr Alison Layton

by Dr Alison Layton on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Re: acne

Female acne presenting in the 30s is a well recognised problem. We don't fully understand why this happens and it seems to be getting more common. There are a number of good treatments that can be used depending on the type of acne spots, the amount of grease present and whether or not there are any hormonal influences. The skin is often more sensitive in this situation which can also affect the treatments used and available for treatment.
Given the fact you have eczema and acne, which can make treatment selection more challenging, I would see your GP and ask them to refer you to a dermatologist to assess the skin and potentially investigate for allergies.
Hope this helps.
Dr Alison Layton
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... Layton.php

2 posts