Undiagnosed skin disease

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
Rareskin

by Rareskin on Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 am

Undiagnosed skin disease

• Hey everyone! I’ve got a skin condition that I have no idea what it is. I’ve gone to head dermatologists in US and still they haven’t been able to diagnose me. I break out in little rashes or spots that aren’t huge. Just a few itchy spots here and there on my legs, chest and back. They’re red spots that come up like super tiny blisters sometimes clear liquid. They turn into scabs and then become flat brown scars like a freckle or age spots. My mom has the exact same thing and she is covered in brown spots. It comes up, especially with stress, then goes into remission. I had my worst case at 30 when I was working 12 hour days and going to school, I was covered in rash all over my collar bone and it spread to my chest and back, very noticeable rash. I went to 3 dermatologists and the biopsy just came back as a generic keratosis. I went to the beach and laid out in the sun and 50% cleared up completely so the head dermatologist actually prescribed sun to me. No creams or gels worked, only the sun. Do any of you know what this could be? I tried to attach pics but it said my phone pic was too large. Thank you in advance!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Wed May 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Undiagnosed skin disease

Hi Rareskin, thank you for your post and sorry to hear about your symptoms. We do hope someone will recognise the problem or have some ideas of what it may be and reply to your post soon.

You may want to check out one of our client's websites Chuckling Goat:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk

They explain the link between gut microbiome and skin conditions including keratosis Pilaris. Some people have used kefir to help their keratosis with great results. You hopefully should be able to buy kefir in the US.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Dr Sree Krishna

by Dr Sree Krishna on Sat May 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello there!

Thanks for your message and very helpful history. A photo tells a thousand words in this setting. Would you be able to attach a smaller file?

BW,

Sree
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Whatever the issue, it seems heat will solve the issue. Perhaps you could try having a hot bath. I havent heard about this kind of skin issue before. Always speak to the doctor about alternatives. God bless.

4 posts