Eczema Treatment

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
seven heaven

by seven heaven on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:16 am

Eczema Treatment

I have had eczema for some 50 or more years. I have used the the usual cortisone / steroid creams to control it however, the last few years they have been less effective. Recently, four eczema lesions appeared on my lower left leg, each about 1cm x 1.5 cm in size, plus one about 3cm x 3cm on my hand at the base of my thumb. None of these outbreaks responded well to my ointments. After several months, I thought that I would try my Paw Paw ointment which I use for cuts etc just on the off chance that it might help. Within two days all outbreaks had improved and virtually stopped itching. Now it has been 5 days since I stated treating them twice per day and amazingly they are all getting much better each day and seem to be completely healing. The itching has almost completely gone and the red, crustiness is no more. I am just totally awestruck.
A most unusual cure but easy and maybe it might help someone else.
I have read some of the other cures from various people and found them most interesting.
All the best. Glen.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:20 am

Re: Eczema Treatment

A viable, escalated treatment for serious dermatitis includes applying a corticosteroid balm and fixing in the medicine with a wrap of wet dressing finished off with a layer of dry cloth.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:17 pm

Re: Eczema Treatment

This is deeply positive. My brother suffered from Eczema as a child: we'd slather on E45 every day. It made bathing impossible. But I am glad you've found a treatment that works for you.

3 posts