received a prescription that actually works

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

9 posts
jettablue2004

by jettablue2004 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:08 pm

received a prescription that actually works

OK I finally had enough with my eczema, and I went to my doctor ( not my dermatologist ). She was very nice she went through a book trying to find an ointment that would be strong but not strong enough to discolor my skin. I swear it really works within 24hrs. I wish i could take before and after pictures and post it up here. If you scratch till your fingers bleed like me, the ointment will burn because of the open wounds... However, the itching and the flaring have subsided; tremendously,within 24hrs.
The name of the ointment is:

MOMETASONE FUROATE OINTMENT USP, 0.1%
each gram contains: 1mg mometasone furoate in an ointment base hexylene glycol; monostearate;white wax;white petrolatum;and purified water.

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: received a prescription that actually works

Hi

Yes it is good stuff I use it on my children, it is also known as Elocon. But after a few months of use (not constant) it stops working, so we swop to Cutivate for a few weeks then swop back again. Rotating steroids stops the body getting used to the drugs

Really glad you have found something that works.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

ellesea

by ellesea on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:31 pm

I was using this and then as soon as I stopped my eczema got worse! I hope this won't be the case but I just wanted to warn you....

I've gone natural now because I was fed up with the way it would get worse and worse.

now i'm on:

dairy/gluten/refined sugar free diet (i react to strong laundry detergent, nickel and stress as well)

but when i'm naughty (indulging in pizza etc.) i use probiotics and a natural creme that are truly incredible

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?actio ... m_id=10908
http://international.drugstore.com/prod ... m=sespider

as my nutritionist said - your body is equipped to cure but if your overworking it it overreacts! i like feeling healthier and noticed i'm not bloated and miserable like i was before which i think has helped.

all the best!!! xx

jenijeni

by jenijeni on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm

just been prescribed this treatment we will see how i go will keep u posted

sistergoldenhair

by sistergoldenhair on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 am

I just on it and my eczema came back on my hands. i am done with Steroids. NO MORE!

ckbridgett

by ckbridgett on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

From my experience treating atopic eczema with dermatologists over the last 30 years, I strongly recommend the way to get the most out of prescription treatment is to ensure there is no chronic eczema present. Acute eczema comes and goes, up and down, for days or weeks at a time. Chronic eczema is the thick, rough skin called lichenification [see photo below] that is caused by habitual scratching. Only by clearing up the chronic eczema with a technique called habit reversal will prescribed treatments for atopic work best. If you are interested visit http://www.atopicskindisease.com
I do hope there are readers of this who can comment from their own personal experience.
DrB
Attachments
ASD wrist.jpg
ASD wrist.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 9618 times
Dr Christopher Bridgett
Consultant Psychiatrist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... idgett.php

jodyt24

by jodyt24 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I finally found a product that eases eczema and reduces outbreak time on skin and occurrence. My friend told me about Eldorado Naturals Andiroba, which I order online(www.eldoradonaturals.com). It is an all natural organic product so there are no side effects. Andiroba smells bad, but I usually pour andiroba and lotion onto my palm and mix the two together to tame the smell. However, at night after my shower, I rub only andiroba on my skin. Sometimes I digest a small amount. I hope that everyone tries it and get the same results as me.

megana feet

by megana feet on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Jody, could you tell us a bit about what is in the 'natural organic product'? Because believe me all of us have tried so many of these things and it is not worth looking into unless you have found a clinically effective ingredient and tell us about it, please! :lol:

loopy-lou33

by loopy-lou33 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi all,
I'm sure that the strong steroids seem like a miracle cure, but they are very potent medicines and not designed to be used for more than a few days.

I have used these creams in the past. They miraculously made my eczema vanish, only for it to return a few days later. Overuse of these creams leads to tachphylaxis, which is the body getting used to the creams. When tachphylaxis takes hold, you will find that the cream will no longer be as effective and you will need to apply it more often or need stronger potency creams, leading to spiralling addiction.

This happened to me. I got addicted to potent steroid creams and they stopped working. I then had to go through a painful withdrawal process, with burning, oozing skin. It was hell. It can take 3 years to fully get the effect of the steroids out of your body. long term, they damage blood vessels by constricting them. There is a charity called itsan who help people going through this. I would recommend that you read their research before continuing with these strong creams. I would hate for you to end up like I did.

9 posts