Hair loss on body

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
sanduvieru

by sanduvieru on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 pm

Hair loss on body

Hi, I am losing a lot of hair from my chest, belly and legs. I had been using minoxidil on my face for 2 months and then stopped(I started shedding from the scalp, too, but that is temporary). What's the reason for such hair loss?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Re: Hair loss on body

Hi sanduvieru,

Thank you for posting on the forum. As minoxidil is used to treat male/female pattern baldness we're confused as to why you would use on your face. It hasn't been approved to use on your face and you should use with caution.

Please find info on hair loss and minoxidil.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hair-loss/

We would urge you to visit your GP if you are worried.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

lewissara

by lewissara on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:57 am

Minoxidil is a medicated compound that is used to treat hair loss and hair thinning in women. To understand how minoxidil affects the hair growth, it’s proper application techniques and precautions to be followed, we contacted Dr. Pallavi Sule, Dermatologist and Aesthetic Physician for tips. According to her, “Minoxidil is a vasodilator, meaning it dilates blood vessels and increases the flow of oxygen, nutrients and blood to hair follicles. Thus helping in hair regrowth and increasing the density of hair.”

How to use minoxidil to treat hair loss?
The potent medication, minoxidil is used to control hair loss and thinning in women. The recommended dosage is 2% minoxidil solution or foam to be applied twice a day in a measured 1ml quantity. Once you start with minoxidil, you may experience hair loss in the initial 4 weeks. The reason is, minoxidil accelerates the hair growth and hence results in the shedding of the dead hair. This makes space for a new anagen or growing hair to fill in the follicular unit.

How long does minoxidil take to work?
According to Dr. Sule, “One can observe new growth at the fifth or sixth week of treatment with minoxidil. Regular and consistent use of minoxidil in the dosage of 1ml twice a day on the bald patches, improves the visible hair growth in 4 to 6 months of time. In some cases, it might take longer, which is why it is recommended to take professional advice from a board-certified dermatologist,” she elaborated.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

steve7890

by steve7890 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:32 pm

These CBD soulspring cbd bath bomb products reduce hair loss on the body.
ghhgf

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:21 am

Brilliant and informative post from lewissara. I'd follow her advice.

5 posts