Potential erectile dysfunction at 16 years old?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
James Jones

by James Jones on Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am

Potential erectile dysfunction at 16 years old?

First time posting here, excuse me for any formatting mistakes I may make.

I am a sixteen year old guy and afraid that I might have a penile disorder that is affecting my sexual health.

For the past couple of months, I have been struggling to get and keep an erection, a problem which seems to be staying constant, if not worsening as time passes by. It should be noted for the past few years I had also noticed that i had stopped getting "morning wood", a thing odd for people my age, but I just shrugged it off and assumed that i just woke up at a different point of my sleep cycle, considering that my penis was just fine in sexual settings.

Until the problem started appearing around a year ago (That's when I got into my first relationship if that matters), i was your typical teenager, just holding hands with a girl was enough to get me hard. Now that it my penis seems disfunctional in intimate settings, it has really affected my confidence. It has gotten to the point where everytime I am in a setting where normally I would be aroused, even when masturbating, i just start overthinking, "I should be hard why aren't I", entering this vicious cycle and making the situation even worse.

Other possible contributors are the fact that I have 0 facial or chest hair, and very little armpit hair. (Maybe I have a lack of testosterone).

I am in healthy and athletic, in the normal BMI range.

I have started eating more healthily, sleeping more, and working out more, but the improvement seems to be next to none.

I have been taking minocycline for a year as acne medication, and I've started taking vitamin D and C supplements recently.
I should also add that I had noticed that my left testicle felt differently than my right one. However I asked my urologist about it and he said that nothing was wrong.
So, is it possible for me to be suffering like this due to physical issues or is it just in my head and I've just blown it out of proportion?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu May 07, 2020 10:10 am

Re: Potential erectile dysfunction at 16 years old?

Hi James Jones,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Unfortunately we are unable to give out specific medical advice, but would always suggest you go and see your GP again if this continues to worry you. They may want to test your hormones. It may also be worth asking them if it could be a side effect of taking minocycline.

In the meantime please find some information on ED here:

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... sfunction/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts