Red under foreskin - Sometimes itchy/sore (Not STI)

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
colinzero

by colinzero on Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:44 am

Red under foreskin - Sometimes itchy/sore (Not STI)

Hello,

I really hope I might be able to get some advice here. About 1 year and a half ago I started getting bad symptoms of Balantis (itchy, sore, white build up under foreskin and smell). This was new to me and at first I didn't go straight to the doctors as I tried using over the counter fungal creams, however after a while knowing it wasn't going I had to go see my GP.

I was given some steroid anti fungal cream which absolutely helped clear up the bad symptoms I was experiencing. However I noticed after using for more than 2 weeks it started to make my penis very sore so I stopped using it thinking my issue was solved.

Since then I have this constant redness around the very tip of the foreskin, which also leads inside to under the penis shaft (where the glands are). It isn't particularly sore or hurt and I also don't experience any pain when passing urine. Though sometimes I notice it become itchy a little bit and also my penis feels very hot and sore, almost tingling sensation, after sex or masturbation. It really has affect my sex drive as I just feel like there's something wrong and if I'm having sex and it's sore it's just not enjoyable. Sometimes I also notice my penis looks a little dark purple in colour which doesn't feel normal to me, but then again I don't know anymore.

I've been back to my GP twice, they did a urine test for infection, all clear. I've had 2 STD tests and have had no sex this year, still the issue is there. They looked at it too and said they didn't feel it was serious. But still doesn't tell me what the problem is. I've also tried reapplying anti fungal creams (the over the counter and steroid one at different months) and nothing helps, the redness and soreness/itchiness is still there.

Is there something I'm missing or something else that can be done? I feel like I need a deeper close up inspection or skin analysis. Thank you for any advice. This is really starting to affect my life!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Red under foreskin - Sometimes itchy/sore (Not STI)

Hello - very sorry to hear about your problem and frustrating that you are unable to get the problem sorted. Have you looked at the products that you use to wash / bathe in as this could be start if you haven't gone down this route. The NHS offer this support https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/balanitis/which you may have read - but would suggest if your GP isn't offering further ideas it would be good to visit your sexual health clinic.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

colinzero

by colinzero on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 am

Re: Red under foreskin - Sometimes itchy/sore (Not STI)

Thank you for the reply. It certainly seems to be a carry on of some form of Balanitis. I will look into this more, as I feel as though it should have healed by now as I never used to experience this issue.

Thank You

3 posts