Tamsulosin side effects

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Tamsulosin_Guy

by Tamsulosin_Guy on Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Tamsulosin side effects

I am taking this for BPH. It makes me dizzy, have loose bowels and feel nauseous. Why am I still taking it? My flow symptoms are so much better. Literally everything down there is relaxed.

leeclark1

by leeclark1 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:41 am

Re: Tamsulosin side effects

In general, it's possible that the benefits of the medication outweigh the side effects for you, and that's why you are still taking it. However, it is also possible that there may be alternative medications or treatment options that could help alleviate your BPH symptoms without causing such uncomfortable side effects.

cam79121

by cam79121 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:57 pm

I have been taking Tamsulosin for about a year. It has helped me. However I had a prostate biopsy 2 weeks ago. And then I got a UTI. My Urologist also had me start taking 2 Tamsulosin's a day for now. I don't know if the increase or also the antibiotic I am on or still recovering from the Biopsy. I also have now started having headaches, some nausea and some dizziness also. Hoping when I am recovered from all this, I can go back to 1 a day and things will be back to like they were before. I did fine on the single dose a day.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon May 01, 2023 9:04 am

lightheadedness, drowsiness, runny/stuffy nose, or ejaculation problems may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.

4 posts