Which exercise is best for lower back pain?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

11 posts
justinhaddin

by justinhaddin on Sat May 30, 2015 8:16 am

Which exercise is best for lower back pain?

My friend suffering from Lower back pain. He had tried lot of treatment but no progress in his back. I will be helpful for my friends.

David147

by David147 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:54 am

Re: Which exercise is best for lower back pain?

I used to have horrible back pain - but I've been keeping it very manageable with a Pilates roller and some simple lower back stretching. The log roller is generally 15 dollars and you can buy them online. These stretches are great for the whole body as Pilates tends to stretch every muscle instead of just one or two.

Toe taps/Knee Lifts, Scissors, and Swan are the best exercises I've found to help with the pain. You can find other really neat "how to" guides on Youtube for other lower back stretches!

Be sure to talk to a doctor before starting these, since lower or chronic back pain can be due to more than just not stretching out your muscles.

JudithJohnson

by JudithJohnson on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 am

The lower back stretches would be really helpful for back pains, it also work for me.

danakerr

by danakerr on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 am

Try yoga stretches like harmstring stretch and Legs Up the Wall. These are very relaxing.

If you are in front of the computer the whole day, you need to take your time to stretch and excercise. Trying to maintain a good posture also help. Lastly, you may also have a good massage therapy. It is very relaxing and gives immediate relief to aching back.

russellaustin115

by russellaustin115 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Yes, i agree with you danakerr. The simple yoga exercise can relieve the back pain.

Here are two yoga poses which can relieve from pain in just few minutes.

1. Firstly lay down on your back, place the towel around your foot and straighten your leg Press out through both heels. If the decrease returned feels strained, bend the left knee and region the foot at the floor. Keep for three-5 minutes after which switch to the left allow for 3-5 mins.

2. Lay on your back, try bending your knees into your chest and bring your palms out at a T. As you exhale bring down your knees to floor at the proper. Keep each shoulders pressing down firmly. If the left shoulder lifts, decrease your knees further far from the proper arm. Hold for 1-2 mins.

annamarry187

by annamarry187 on Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm

sometimes no matter how much sports and exercises you do the back pain stay and grows to other complications, like the case of my daughter, thereafter she took conventional medicines and it could not help until a friend referred us to using CBD and RSO oils at annacannamed.com and she is ok today. so try it out

drarjunsharda

by drarjunsharda on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:22 am

Partial crunches can help strengthen your back and stomach muscles.

tomcurren

by tomcurren on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:44 am

Hamstring stretches relieve the back of the leg, where some of the muscles that support the work of the lower spine are found. This is a stretch that benefits from the use of a towel or fitness band.

cchristopher

by cchristopher on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:27 am

It is better to look at this: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/l ... exercises/
Not only a detailed and concise explanation, but also pictures.
Exercise is definitely the best way to relieve pain. I will do it whenever I have time. But I was too busy and too painful. Therefore, the heating pad became my better choice for pain relief. Keep exercising and your friends will become healthy again.
Last edited by talkhealth on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed per our terms & conditions

11 posts