uncontrolled emotions

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
lewis

by lewis on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 pm

uncontrolled emotions

Hi im lewis im new to this whole thing so im really quite nervous about it all, thats why I've decided to do it online first.
im struggling with depression quite alot, im finding it hard to control my feelings for a friend and because of this our friendship is falling apart they have tried there hardest to help me but now its up to me to make the changes I could really do with some information on therapy or what to ask my gp which is hopefully my next step.

Maxi05

by Maxi05 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: uncontrolled emotions

Hi Lewis,

You may have seen some of my other posts talking about depression so i know how you feel. I have had bouts of depression for the last few years. Last year it got really bad, i was signed off work, saw a counsellor that my GP referred me to and another one at work and was on medication. For now i am clear of it all.

Looking back i can see that i pushed my friends and family away who tried to help me but i didnt/couldnt talk to them about it, i think it was shame but they were only trying to help. I now have a wonderful girlfriend but i know i need to be open with her so that she knows how to help me when it rears its ugly head again. My family and friends were too easily settled if i said "can we talk about something else" because none of them wanted to push me over the edge. Talking really helps and if you have someone who wants to help let them, they obviously care.

You may not feel comfortable talking to them yet but maybe after you have seen a doctor, or it might help you both if you asked them to go to your GP with you.

When you see your GP, make sure you see one you like and trust. Tell them everything, write it down beforehand if it will help you say it, or show it to them. How you feel, emotions, everything you think.

Let us know how you get on. I hope this helped a bit. If you need to 'talk' i'm here.

2 posts