Medication for ADHD

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

3 posts
fshepherd23

by fshepherd23 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am

Medication for ADHD

Does anyone have a kid on ADHD meds? My 7 year old son is on Focalin and it speeds up his metabolism. He does not like nuts, meat or starchy vegetables. He will eat them if there is no other choices and he is really hungry. We are on day 8 and he has not cheated at school. He frequently barely eats breakfast and comes home with 1/2 his lunch uneaten, This morning he woke up tired, cranky, lethargic and in pain. I'm concerned he is not getting enough carbs and am wondering if anyone else has had this situation. We are thinking about adding rice and cheese back to his diet because we are not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

321billy

by 321billy on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Medication for ADHD

Research the supplement GABA (too long to spell out). It may help.

From a site:
What does GABA have to do with ADHD?

It is speculated by some that there are certain populations which may have a GABA deficiency. Individuals who have symptoms of ADHD, autism, anxiety, and depression fall into this category. The lack of this brain chemical is said to cause symptoms which may include: Brain fog, mood swings, increased stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, irritability, and aggression.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Re: Medication for ADHD

fshepherd23 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am
Does anyone have a kid on ADHD meds? My 7 year old son is on Focalin and it speeds up his metabolism. He does not like nuts, meat or starchy vegetables. He will eat them if there is no other choices and he is really hungry. We are on day 8 and he has not cheated at school. He frequently barely eats breakfast and comes home with 1/2 his lunch uneaten, This morning he woke up tired, cranky, lethargic and in pain. I'm concerned he is not getting enough carbs and am wondering if anyone else has had this situation. We are thinking about adding rice and cheese back to his diet because we are not sure what else to do. Any ideas?
Explore other healthy foods like pasta, and eggs. There are foods like these that when eaten they are high in carbs and protein and also they satisfy the digestive system. See what he likes to eat, apart from sweets and chocolate and let him try other foods too. There are vegetables are can complete the digestive system. Its okay to eat less though as long as he is fulfilling his daily intake.

3 posts