Binge Eating Disorder & Depression

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

6 posts
Judanism

by Judanism on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 am

Binge Eating Disorder & Depression

I currently have both depression and binge eating disorder but am struggling with both and need some help! I have been to my GP and she put me on fluoxetine - she also referred me for CBT but after 7 sessions it was discontinued and I feel it hasn't helped at all. I'm eating constantly, feeling ashamed and sick a lot of the time. I exercise when I can but often lack the motivation to get started. I really need to lose weight as I have a BMI of about 35 but I feel powerless to stop eating and am actually gaining weight, which depresses me even more - it's a vicious circle. Can anyone offer me any guidance? Thanks.

sheilmolson

by sheilmolson on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Binge Eating Disorder & Depression

I would like to suggest that you can control your eating habits by reducing fatty and oily things as well as you can also control the diet by doing various forms of exercise.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8OnEU-fSIw

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:31 pm

Judanism wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:18 am
I currently have both depression and binge eating disorder but am struggling with both and need some help! I have been to my GP and she put me on fluoxetine - she also referred me for CBT but after 7 sessions it was discontinued and I feel it hasn't helped at all. I'm eating constantly, feeling ashamed and sick a lot of the time. I exercise when I can but often lack the motivation to get started. I really need to lose weight as I have a BMI of about 35 but I feel powerless to stop eating and am actually gaining weight, which depresses me even more - it's a vicious circle. Can anyone offer me any guidance? Thanks.
You have to break out of the cycle. It takes determination and self esteem and healthy sacrifice to live healthy. If you love your body it will love you back. You depression needs to be addressed. Antidepressants will help you but its more important to address the reasons why you are depressed and go from there. Good luck.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Therapy takes a long term to help the person deal with their emotions. Because you're an emotional eater. Your depression pushes those eating buttons. What is really making you unhappy? I bet that reason/those reasons go beyond your size and weight. Your painful emotions are your driving force: hence why you overeat. In order to stop the overeating you need to admit to yourself your emotions deep down in your mind. You won't get anywhere until you're honest with yourself. Where did this depression stem from? What happened years ago to trigger your depression today? You don't have to tell anybody what you've gone through, though: you just need to tell yourself.

6 posts