Weight loss remedy?

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha

12 posts
Jacob Henry

by Jacob Henry on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:55 am

Weight loss remedy?

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. Could you please suggest the best way to reduce weight for my son? He is very young and has overweight. Which one will help to get a faster result, following a diet or regular exercise? Share your thoughts

LePresident

by LePresident on Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:44 am

Re: Weight loss remedy?

Calories deficit, no other way. Either Consume less or burn more - better both.

What helped with all that was counting calories with some app (myfitnesspal in my case). It helped me to get a little more motivation and control of myself.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:39 am

Counting calories is valid, but your son will need assistance with doing so. Also, you'd need to get a professional calorie counting chart of some type. Your son will also need to do exercise.

Good luck.

wendyslvv

by wendyslvv on Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:44 pm

hello

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 pm

Do also remember if it is too good to be true, then it isn't.

Losing weight takes time and patience. There is no "quick-fix". Permanent weight loss is gradual. But I guess all these diet books claim the opposite: they wouldn't sell many copies if they didn't make vast claims.

Still, weight has to come off slowly. Also - for the weight to not come back on - there needs to be a realistic diet plan and realistic food. Plus, you can't start eating cookies and ice cream when the weight comes off: losing weight and keeping it off has to be a commitment. However, don't starve yourself or take pills: even at a low weight. You'll end up sick, tired and in misery.

No matter what a diet book says, be realistic with yourself about what foods you can afford to buy and have time to prepare.

debbiere

by debbiere on Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:01 am

MissCandyGirl wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 pm
Do also remember if it is too good to be true, then it isn't.

Losing weight takes time and patience. There is no "quick-fix". Permanent weight loss is gradual. But I guess all these diet books claim the opposite: they wouldn't sell many copies if they didn't make vast claims.

Still, weight has to come off slowly. Also - for the weight to not come back on - there needs to be a realistic diet plan and realistic food. Plus, you can't start eating cookies and ice cream when the weight comes off: losing weight and keeping it off has to be a commitment. However, don't starve yourself or take pills: even at a low weight. You'll end up sick, tired and in misery.

No matter what a diet book says, be realistic with yourself about what foods you can afford to buy and have time to prepare.
What a wise words! Everyone forget about it when they do not see immediate results

hundalmarck@gmail.com

by hundalmarck@gmail.com on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:25 am

It takes time and effort to lose weight; there is no quick fix. Start out slowly and eat more protein-rich foods while cutting back on carbs. Calculate weekly changes; this is very helpful in producing a favourable outcome.

kittykathkit@gmail.com

by kittykathkit@gmail.com on Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:04 am

I can agree with the comment below since I lose weight in such a way.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:18 pm

There are so many ways to lose weight: you just have to do what works for YOU. What works for someone else does not always work for another.

We all have our own bodies and they may work in different ways to other people. What looks good on one does not always suit the other, either.

Choose for yourself and do what works for YOU.

lata sharma

by lata sharma on Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:11 pm

5 Weight Loss Remedies

Incorporating high-fiber foods into your diet can help you feel fuller for longer periods of time, reducing the likelihood of overeating. Examples of high-fiber foods include leafy greens, whole grains, and beans.

Consuming more protein can also be beneficial for weight loss, as it helps to increase feelings of fullness while also preserving lean muscle mass. Good sources of protein include lean meats, fish, eggs, and plant-based options such as tofu and tempeh.

Drinking more water can help with weight loss as well, as it can increase feelings of fullness and also help to reduce calorie intake. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Getting enough sleep is important for weight loss too, as lack of sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite and metabolism. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

Regular exercise is also key for weight loss, as it can help to burn calories and build muscle. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming.

Try Intermittent Fasting. It is very useful in weight loss.

12 posts