Cant lose weight despite tablets!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

10 posts
princess85

by princess85 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Cant lose weight despite tablets!

Hello,
I have been on Orlistat (Xenical) for two and a half weeks. I have majorly cut down on unhealthy foods and i try to keep my snacks to fruit or vegetables such as peppers or carrot.

I have also started a high intesity exercise routine and have been doing it every day for the past week. Its only a 20min routine but it is TOUGH! My stomach, legs and arms are aching a treat!

I lost 2lb initially in the first week, then nothing for the past week and a half. I have lost more weight in the past by doing no exercise! I previously lost 2stone (7 yr ago) using the same tablets and the weight loss started straight away and continued at around 5lb per month. During this time i was eating a couple fo takeaways a week and going out drinking alchopops every weekend - sooooo opposite from now as i dont even drink and barely get takeaways ever.

Last night i felt a bit fed up and binged on a mini packet of chocolate fingers, a rice crispie square thing and some smarties. Weighed myself this morning and lost 1/4lb!

Completely confused as to why im not losing weight? My doctor will take me off the tablets if i dont lose any weight as well. It seems like if i eat more unhealthy foods and dont exercise i lose weight faster?? I wondered if im not eating enough fat or because ive really gone for it with the exercise from previously doing nothing, that my body has gone into shock??

Please can someone help. I have a week and a half before i see the doctor and if i have lost at least 4lb over the month i will be taken off the tablets which i dont want and previously they have really helped by educating me on fatty foods.

karolinakross

by karolinakross on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Cant lose weight despite tablets!

Eat at least one time in a day a vegetable soap or Thai soup ( as ur dinner or lunch), as much as u can but no corn flour in it.

Look at your food portion. It is much better to eat several tiny meals a day (like 5-6 healthy meals a day) than eat either or or huge meal a day.

You are gaining muscle. Either see a personal trainer or look on the Web for excersises that will help you lose weight.

JenniferGlover

by JenniferGlover on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 am

There might be some contents in the food you eat that hinders you from losing weight. Also, you need to keep in mind that it's not all about diet and exercise, it's about making simple lifestyle changes and making the right food choices.

ChristineMoore

by ChristineMoore on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 am

Since you're working out vigorously and going on a really low cut maybe your metabolism has been affected. Keep your chill. Practice good eating habits and have a regular physical activity.

DarrylSpiers

by DarrylSpiers on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Tablets and pills are not the solution of weight lose. It is good to focus some natural ways like good diet food and a perfect workout plan. Exercise and diet both are very important for weight lose.
Last edited by talkhealth on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed as forum rules do not allow posting of commercial links.

JudithJohnson

by JudithJohnson on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:06 am

Diet pills or medicines can help you boost weight loss effects but its not the solution for weight loss. You have to eat healthy and workout everyday for effective weight loss with the diet supplements.

aprilbenson

by aprilbenson on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Hey. For a few years I've been fighting with losing my weight and recently my cousin recommended me one cool website. They have a wide range of diet supplements and I'm gonna try it out. I am still not 100% convinced if it's gonna work perfectly, so it would be great if any of you have tried it before and can give me your opinion? Thank you. All the info is here https://dietpillfacts.org/

Wishing you a healthy and happy day!

10 posts