Obesity

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

2 posts
dave miller

by dave miller on Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Obesity

Childhood Obesity:

Childhood obesity has emerged as a major concern, rapidly increasing in recent decades. It is defined as an excessive accumulation of body fat in children and adolescents. Factors contributing to childhood obesity include unhealthy diets, insufficient physical activity, sedentary behaviours, and genetic susceptibility.

The long-term consequences of childhood obesity are profound, as affected individuals are more likely to develop obese-related diseases at an earlier age and face a higher risk of obese in adulthood.

Obese children are more likely to develop chronic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, asthma, sleep apnea, and orthopaedic problems.

Additionally, they are at a higher risk of experiencing psychological and social issues, including low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, and social stigmatization. Childhood obese often persists into adulthood, increasing the likelihood of obese-related health problems in later life.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:50 pm

Re: Obesity

I've avoided weight gain and obesity simply because I don't eat to excess. Sure, I'll have a bowl of porridge in the morning and a sandwich for lunch. I will eat a healthy home cooked dinner, too. But I am not perpetually eating. Least of all pizzas, crisps, and what other junk food.

Junk food is very bad for you: I tend to steer clear. There is occasionally a time when I will eat a bag of crisps: but that is seldom.

2 posts