Down and overweight

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

13 posts
JB1987

by JB1987 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Down and overweight

Hi - I'm 25 years old and fed up with being overweight. Really need someone to talk to to share how I feel. All my mates have girlfriends and I wish I had. I have a reasonable social life but never get a girlfriend. All the girls just look at me as cuddly and cute and never look at me in a fanciable way. I'm about 20 stone (I think although I've not stood on scales for about a year as it scares me) and 5' 10" - but really think I should be about 13 stone. I really want to shift some weight but feel so dejected I don't know where to start. Looking for inspiration if anyone can help! JB :(

mark

by mark on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Re: Down and overweight

Hi JB,

You have made a very big first step! you have had thoughts about improving your health, BRILLIANT!

The way forward.... i would suggest to start with your food... as i am not aware of any information about yourself please take my responce with a pinch of sea salt :-) .

Starting with foods... This means eating "Life Foods". (foods that have either had eyes, or have been grown in the ground) Vegitables, Fish, Meat, Eggs, Salads, Friut, Nuts, Seeds, Berries. etc

So how do you eat and what do you eat... Eat slowly chew each mouthful 30 times! preferably while sitting quietly.
Eat before 10am every day, 12-2pm and 5-6pm if you can!
Between meals you may wish to snack so do so with nuts, seeds, berries, dried fruits etc. (remember life foods, eating life foods will give you life) and drink water, often you may feel hungry but you may actually be thirsty! Herbal teas, watered down friut juices 50/50, not from concentrate are also ok to have.

Reduce and aim to eliminate gradually - sweets, chocolate, crisps, pastry, sauces, coffee, tea, marerine, pasta, ready meals (including the add hot water variety), bread. You may find you have drawal symtoms from the high sugar non-foods this is your body coming back to normality.

Simply exercise mildly - brisk walking, swimming, cycling to start with say 2/3 times per week.

You may find this challenging but remember choose to control your thoughts! Make your health a Major Priority! What you put into your body is what you get out of your body! Make a start and maybe come back to me in 4 weeks or so. Good Luck!

I hope this helps, fire away if you have any other questions at all. :D
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... arks-blog/

JB1987

by JB1987 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:15 am

Hello Mark

Thanks for all these wonderful tips!! It's fantastic to get this sort of help on a forum. As you can imagine my weight and lack of self-confidence holds me back and I'd never dream of joining gym and talking face to face with anyone about my situation.

The tips for chewing food slowly and many times is being put into practice already. And today I managed to do a slow(ish) 20 minute walk around my local area.

I will try to think about what I'm eating too - I'm due to do a food shop tomorrow so plan to clear out what's left in my fridge and then restock using some of your suggestions below.

I'll keep you posted on my progress - thanks very much for your help.

JB

mark

by mark on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am

Well this is a brilliant start. Its a life style change and will take time. Well done you. Please remember to come back and keep me posted!! :)
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

mark

by mark on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi JB,

How is the progress? I hope you are still on track. :D

Thanks
Mark
Mark Westbrook
Fitness Consultant
Freelance

DeborahWyatt

by DeborahWyatt on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 am

Hi JB - would be good to know how you're getting on ..... :D
Deborah Wyatt
talkhealth

Visit my blog about weight - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... orahs-blog

marvinsmith078

by marvinsmith078 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 am

The treatment of overweight is very easy. You follow the low crab plans in your routine format. In this plan it gives the right suggestion for reduce your weight doing exercises and eating food which are made for your body. What type of foods are you needed it is describes in this plan properly.
Last edited by admin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL's in signatures not permitted - removed

ChristineMoore

by ChristineMoore on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:39 am

You can set a goal for yourself and have an inspiration that will motivate you to achieve that goal. Staying positive during your weight loss is one of the most important fact to achieve your goal.Take a look at some good eating habits to help you get fit. Watching your calorie intake and regular exercise will help you lose weight effectively.

healthcare247

by healthcare247 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes, you can reduce your weight with proper diet therapy along without disturbing nutritional values and supplements. You can start doing yoga exercise and proper vitamin diet.

13 posts